VariQ is seeking a full-time Desktop Technician to provide Tier I and Tier II end user support at the US House of Representatives in Washington, DC. The successful candidate will be assigned to a select group of member offices to serve as their primary system administrator responsible for proactive IT maintenance and technical problem solving.
* Location: Washington, DC
* Salary: Dependent upon experience
* Security Clearance: None
* Available: September
* Working Shift: The candidate will be working a standard shift, 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, between the hours of 8am - 5pm, specific work hours to be determined upon hire.
* Provide on-going technical support to US House of Representatives offices that are using a variety of systems and software, including Windows 10 and Windows 7 operating systems, as well as some MAC OS.
* Administer routine maintenance on computer systems that will improve performance, reliability, security and longevity.
* Provide support for House offices in installing and using House-supported software, including messaging client software, word processors, web browsers, anti-virus software, and HIR-developed applications
* Able to interact with Executive Level Customers and management in resolving technical problems on an emergency basis
* Provide consulting support to the assigned member offices about the newest technologies and how they best fit the office's needs
* Confer with senior engineering staff to resolve more complex problems.
* 3-5 years' experience providing Tier I and Tier II end user support.
* Flexibility to work 8 hour shift between the hours of 7:00am to 7:00pm, including some weekends.
* 3 years' minimum experience supporting/troubleshooting experience with current versions of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Outlook, and Active Directory
* 3 years' minimum experience supporting/troubleshooting Mobile phones, Apple iOS, Android and tablet devices
* At least 1 year supporting Mac operating systems, preferably versions Sierra, High Sierra, or Mojave
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Related IT certifications preferred (CompTIA certs, Microsoft IT certs)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
* Experience using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit for imaging workstations
* Experience Supporting iOS and Android device using mobile device management systems, such as AirWatch and GOOD
* Windows 10 Professional Certification
* Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
* Experience with Office 365 Cloud migration
* 1 year minimum supporting/troubleshooting experience supporting clients using remote access software
* Related Bachelor's degree preferred (Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.)
Category: Information Technology