We are currently seeking a Secret-cleared Desktop Support Technician with a Security+ CE certification to join our client at Fort Belvoir, supporting a U.S. Military Customer. This is a long-term opportunity.
For additional details, please contact Erika Mann at (703) 839-8539 or email@example.com
Primary Responsibilities for this position will include the following:
* Under minimal supervision, provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all end user computer and peripheral equipment on domain.
* Provide technical support by performing installation, repair, and preventative maintenance of personal computer and related software/hardware.
* Troubleshoot software and hardware failures and identifies network problems when related to personal desktop computers.
* Deliver technical customer support over the phone or at desk side.
* Identify, evaluate and solve end-user workstation problems; support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed; read, understand and apply complex technical information; master new computer technology; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
* Interact with other Tier 1, 2 and/or 3 departments to restore service and/or identify core problems.
* Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner to end user.
* Participate in new application and hardware rollouts, testing and special projects as needed.
Key Requirements for this position are as follows:
* Possession of an ACTIVE Secret Clearance is required for this position.
* Must possess a CompTIA Security+ CE certification.
* Possession, or Willingness to obtain a Microsoft Windows 70-680, 70-685 or 70-697 certification within 30 days of hire.
* Knowledge of DLA GOTs and COTs applications and peripherals.
* Knowledge of DoD security patches, updates, STIGs and remediation thru automated and manual means.
* Must have strong technical knowledge of Windows OS and all communication and hardware troubleshooting on PC's.
* BMC Remedy experience.
* Excellent customer service skills both on phone and at desk side.
* Ability to read, understand and apply complex technical information.
Type: Temp to Hire