The Business Desktop Group, inside the Commercial Managed IT Division, develops Desktop, All in One, and Retail Point of Sale (RPOS) computing products and solutions aimed at the Small / Medium Business (SMB) and large Commercial / Corporate customers.
The hardware development group is seeking a highly motivated individual to join thePlatform Development and Engineering Team as the System and Electrical engineering architect focused on the architecture of Audio & Video PC Based Collaboration Devices that will be used in the Commercial Managed IT/enterprise product space. This team will develop the next generation of PC Based Collaboration computing solutions focused on Audio & Video and implementing both Zoom and Microsoft Teams Applications. We are looking for an individual who has an audio and electrical architecture background and will be able to contribute to the future direction these products take.
As a member of the architecture team, the System and Electrical Architect will be a key contributor to innovation within HP. They will be responsible for conceptual electrical and overall system design of next generation business Desktops, All in One, & RPOS designs, with the major focus area for this individual being the next PC Based Collaboration design. The System / EE Architect will be involved in product definition and planning of platforms. They will be required to seek out new technologies and designs methods, and conduct feasibility studies, analysis and testing on these designs. Manage platform and feature cost estimates effectively, making tradeoffs that balance quality, cost, supply chain and market competitiveness. They will develop as subject matter experts in selected areas which will include Audio, Video/Camera, Presence detection sensors, Biometrics and Authentication, and any other system level electrical architecture related to either PC architecture or Collaboration architecture. The System / EE Architect will develop high level engineering strategy and set functional policy and direction for this product family. They will conduct competitive analysis. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function. The Collaboration Architect will lead large, cross division functional teams and projects that affect the organizations long-term goals and objectives. They will provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees on Collaboration based products.
The Collaboration System / EE Architect will work within the whole Desktop Architecture team with the focus being working with the other Collaboration system Architect, two ME Architects and the Architecture team manager as this whole team interfaces with the Marketing and Business team.Essential skills/capabilities
- Direct experience delivering Audio and Video Collaboration devices, ideally that either use PC based backend computing or include internal PC computing as part of the product
- Hands on experience working with board designs and PC architectural implementations - understand PCB layout and design requirements across multiple interfaces
- Passion for design, ability to think out of the box, to come up unconventional solutions to solve conventional everyday problems
- The ability to manage IC & Component supplier activities including creating and understanding reference board designs, reference and specific product validation, product implantation, product level testing, & managing the implementation on several Desktop & Collaboration Device designs including the ability to do this both while on-site and remotely located.
- Requires working knowledge of in-circuit emulators, oscilloscopes, data line analyzers, and general debug/root cause analysis skills; in addition to knowledge of Windows / Linux operating systems.
- Experience working with US Based & Overseas IC & Component suppliers; driving their teams through concept, development, & implementation phases on a devices life cycle
- Good communication and written skills to share knowledge and technical expertise through publishing, teaching and/or mentoring
- Good presentation skills to present ideas, analysis to management and other project team members
- Good interaction skills to create strong working relationships with execution teams, ODM's, suppliers, and vendors
- Be able to work and lead just as effectively in teams as well as individually under different project circumstances
- Self-motivated and be comfortable to work under little supervision
- Proven ability to leverage the ODM model, and improve on it, to achieve best-in-class product performance
- Bachelor's (undergraduate) degree/Master's (graduate) degree in Electrical engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years or more, Experience in hardware/firmware development/testing methodologies with specific direct PC design and architecture experience. Notebooks, mobile devices preferred.
- Occasional travel may be required to support regulatory activities (domestic and international), target