Accuity is growing! We are a $240m market leading online brand growing our customer base and seeking a DevOps engineer to join our Evanston-based development center. Accuity is a leading brand within Reed Business Information, one of the world*s top-100 *online superpowers* and part of the FTSE100 Reed Elsevier media and publishing group.
You*ll be working in a cross-functional team, working alongside colleagues from a variety of technical and commercial functions * this makes us more agile, and builds greater understanding and closer relationships between technology and other business areas.
The DevOps Engineer will focus on supporting and securing the proper function of our online products, virtual data centers and release management for in-house software development.
Work collaboratively with Technical Support Group, Database Administration Group, Product Development Group, and Professional Services Group to drive the most optimal solution architecture for the hosted applications
Develop and maintain automated deployment solutions for our in-house products
Design, maintain, test and, as needed, execute disaster recovery, business continuity plans
Monitor and maintain deployed applications
Support business account representatives as they assist customers with their connectivity issues
Work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
Create documentation for the solutions provided as needed.
Communicate with functional area managers, project sponsors, and/or consultants regarding status of specific projects.
Take direction from Software Dev Manager
Key Skills Required:
Effectively collaborate with peers and management to meet company goals and SLAs
Communicate effectively, tactfully, and appropriately with clients, and with all levels of Accuity professional staff
Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
Good writing skills, good oral delivery
Ability to work flexibly, with minimal guidance, to meet business needs in a time-sensitive environment
Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Excellent engineering discipline and analytical skills
Highly motivated self-starter
Technical Experience Required:
* Familiarity with Linux tools and system administration functions
* Strong scripting capability for a Linux environment
* Experience with automated deployment tools and strategies is required -- Experience with Puppet is preferred
* Familiarity with provisioning and supporting a cloud-based infrastructure -- Experience with AWS is preferred
* Troubleshooting and diagnosing system problems, and providing support skills for a range of software products
* Experience deploying and supporting applications under application servers such as Tomcat, WebSphere, and Web Logic
* Fundamental grasp of http networking issues and concerns
* Fundamental grasp of network/application security issues and tactics
* Experience coding in Java and using current, industry-standard, open source tools is preferred (Spring framework, jUnit, IDEs, etc.)
* Experience working with database systems, relational and/or NoSQL, is preferred
* Experience with source code repositories is required; Experience with Git is preferred
* Experience with build scripts is required; Experience with Maven and Jenkins build server is preferred
* Experience with application logging and monitoring tools (e.g. ELK) is preferred
Reed Business Information
At Reed Business Information we provide information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI people are driven by an environment focused on innovation, passion for our products, and collaboration, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of Reed Elsevier, a leading global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers.
Owned by RBI, Accuity sets the global standard for payment efficiency and compliance and KYC solutions. A premier data services company that has been providing solutions to banks and businesses worldwide for over 140 years.
- 401k match of 5%
- 18 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days
* 2 days per year
- Benefits start the upon hire date
- Excellent OTE & Competitive Salaries
RBI are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
1007 Church Street Evanston, IL, 60201Contact