Advantage Tech is looking for a Dev Ops Engineer for our Kansas City, MO Client.
As DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for working within an Agile framework while implementing automated continuous delivery solutions. You will collaboration between development, IT Operations, and Quality Assurance to ensure smooth deployments to the various testing and production environments. You will help identify and implement automation across multiple applications.
Essential Job Functions
- Identify, recommend, and implement best practice for implementation of software build and deployment to support a Kanban system of flow based throughput
- Manage test automation using Selenium coded in C# and monitor results
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure test cases are kept up to date with software releases
- Maintain Octopus deploy processes to ensure proper application deployment and configuration in multiple environments
- Automate and maintain the software build process to support continuous integration for development through production
- Work with IT Operations staff to upgrade and build out new environments that conform to software requirements
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement continuous integration/continuous delivery into cloud based solutions
- Work with DBA staff to streamline deployment of database schemas
- Automate and manage software monitoring strategies
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Provide support to development teams that use the automated deployment infrastructure
Experience in the following areas is required :
- Bachelor s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar field of study required.
- Experience in 247 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment
- 3+ years experience scripting in PowerShell, release automation, application administration, application configuration, and debugging
- Familiarity and experience using Configuration Management tools like Powershell DSC, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Knowledge of automated post-deployment testing tools
- Knowledge of IIS or similar web server technology
- Knowledge of SQL Server deployment using SSDT
- Knowledge of Octopus Deploy or Azure DevOps Pipelines (TFS Build, VSTS)
- Ability to operate in an agile and dynamic environment
- Basic understanding of networking and load balancing
- Basic understanding of virtual machine technology
- Basic understanding of Active Directory
- Knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure environments (e.g., AWS, Azure)
- Familiarity and experience using Containerization tools like Vagrant or Docker
Advantage Tech is proud to be recognized as Kansas City Business Journal s #1 locally owned IT staffing firm. We are passionate about delivering world-class service and value to our clients. Advantage Tech s customized recruiting model enables us to place consultants locally and nationally. Our clients want the best candidate at the most reasonable rate within a set timeframe; that s precisely what we provide them. We go even further. Our consultant retention program gives our clients the added comfort our people will perform well and finish the project.
Please visit advantagetech.net to learn more about our culture, benefits and career opportunities