Senior Dev Operations Engineer (DevOps)
Location - Pleasanton, CA
Duration - 12+ Months
PREFERRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Minimum of 10+ years of robust Windows/Linux system administration experience.
• OS Level and Application Security Vulnerability assessment and remediation
• Advanced Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
• Advanced Knowledge of Linux Redhat Operating Systems
• Advance understanding of IIS and Apache Web Servers
• Strong Windows Server 2016, 2012, and 2008 and deep knowledge of OS upgrade and migration
• Firm knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware
• Firm knowledge of basic MS SQL\T-SQL
• Scripting experience and fluent in at least one scripting language such as PowerShell or Python
• Experience with system automation and deployment tools such as Ansible.
• Knowledge about containerization tools like Docker, OpenShift.
• Strong background in networking, load balancing, and firewalls.
• Actively monitor and administer the applications and hosting environment to increase efficiency, improve reliability, and minimize downtimes
• Triage and provide technical solutions to environment related issues encountered by new and existing applications in the environment
• Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
• Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment.
• Automate systems monitoring tasks using standard monitoring tools.
• Manage and control the continuous release promotion cycle (manually short-term, through automation long-term) including the following environments: development, integration, staging, QA, Load and production.
• Develop deployment scripts on a lifecycle automation platform for the orchestration, integration and automation of build promotions and software releases.
• Experience with Flexpod Environments is a plus.
• Good knowledge of Cisco IOS, both Cisco Nexus and non-Nexus series switches, Cisco routers and other Cisco networking gear.
• Solid understanding of data center related technology and colocation environment
• Provide 24 by 7 production support
• Ability to think and operate as a team player
• Proven track record of project delivery results.
• Extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to assess and clearly communicate technical and project risk.
• Ability to act as a consultant and provide recommendations to the IT / Design Team.
• Ability to operate as independently or as part of collaborative effort
• Demonstrate strong project leadership and ability to develop strong working relationships with State Fund technical personnel.
• The candidate should be amenable to gradual evolution of responsibilities with the Web/Server/Application Administration spheres
• The candidate must be able to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment and have the ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical personnel.
• Willing to work after hours and weekends (as needed) in order to deploy product releases in predefined, maintenance windows.
• Must be able to multi-task, manage details, and keep sight of overall objectives
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, IT, or similar disciplines).
• Equivalent work experience implementing and operating enterprise level data center and/or office networks.
• MCITP, MCSE and/or MCPD, RHCE or CCNA is a plus.