GEICO IT DevOps organization is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and service delivery oriented Technical Supervisor
to join our IT DevOps-Service Delivery leadership team. The candidate will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of engineers who will have the responsibilities of monitoring and providing production support (L1) for our applications in MS Azure cloud. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in handling high pressure production environment in an efficient and effective manner. The candidate must have excellent technical, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills backed with good verbal and written communication skills. Experience with the Microsoft Azure and application infrastructure related activities is a must. The ideal candidate will also have solid experience in successfully building partnerships with the business units and other IT groups within the organization.
To be an effective leader of this group, the candidate must be well versed in the system and software development life cycles, be able to provide direction and feedback on production MI calls, think strategically, have strong desire to ensure that the team meets the highest standards in triage, analysis and follow through. Position also includes interacting with analyst leads and business partners, triaging/tracking issues and providing technical solutions to resolve business needs.Basic Requirements:
- Experience managing people & tasks across multiple simultaneous projects with aggressive time lines
- Hands-on experience on providing production support (24x7/365 days) for critical applications
- Proven experience using SPLUNK, DynaTrace & APPINSIGHT for monitoring
- Proven experience in working on Azure environments & its offerings (PaaS, SaaS or IaaS)
- Act as a liaison between application development and different infrastructure teams
- Ability to troubleshoot across multiple applications and create runbooks and playbooks for each event with the necessary escalation paths established
- Proven experience working with an offshore team to cover night and weekend shifts
- Prior experience in using cloud APIs to improve monitoring of system performance and stability a plusPreferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of TFS and BMC Remedy
- Working knowledge of Confluence Wiki is a plus
- A college degree in Computer Science or equivalent filed
The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.About GEICO
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.Benefits
As a full-time DevOps Technical Supervisor, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.