Apex Systems has a great opportunity to join an organization that is a leader in their industry. They are using some great technology and are growing at a rapid pace. Please send your resume to Jeremy at
Duration: Contract with potential to Hire
**No C2C**Job Summary
We are hiring a DevOps Engineer to deploy and maintain the infrastructure and code that drives our business solutions. In this role you work with software engineering teams to continuously test and deploy systems using automation technologies. Success will be measured in your ability to maintain or improve customer uptime, reduce opportunities for human error, and creating operational efficiencies.
As a development team member, you play a key role to improve developer productivity and delivery speed by enabling them to be more self-sufficient. You will work directly with developers, system architects, IT security, and other stakeholders to build performant architectures with high-quality deployment artifacts that fit with existing and planned technologies and processes.
- Build and maintain automated CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps.
- Engage development teams to ensure application architectures include administrative features that enable and enhance logging, monitoring, and configuration at runtime time (without code changes).
- Recommend, design, implement, and optimize continuous feedback mechanisms.
- Work with cross-functional teams to migrate systems from our data center into Azure.
- Design, develop, and monitor Azure cloud environments that are modern, automated, and scalable.
- Identify interdependencies and productivity barriers between development and operations.
- Standardize development, change, validation, and deployment processes to reduce complexity.
- Identify opportunities to automate activities that impede service development or delivery.
- Provide on-call support outside of normal work hours/days as needed.
- Other non-essential job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 or more years' hands-on software development experience.
- 1 or more years' in an IT operations role (systems administration, networking, etc.)
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with a wide range of people.
- Proficiency with fundamental Azure concepts and strong experience with app service, storage account, key vault, and API Management.
- Proficient in Azure security fundamentals.
- Experience supporting OAuth and Open ID Connect authentication with Azure Active Directory.
- Proficiency with PowerShell and/or Azure CLI.
- Experience with Azure consumer identity and access management (Azure B2C).
- Experience developing re-useable Azure Resource Manager templates for automated deployment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or