Creating value by bringing together the right people to achieve results is our motto. Our clients and employees say they choose to work with us because of how we work with them - with service that exceeds their expectations and a personal commitment to their success.
With a publicly traded American company that provides physician practices, hospitals, and other healthcare providers with practice management and electronic health record technology seeks an accomplished Principal DevOps Engineer.
*** Candidate must be authorized to work in USA without requiring sponsorship ***
AWS services, EC2, BATCH, RDS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SPLUNK, PostgreSQL, LINUX, Windows
Purpose of the role
Perform Specification, Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance. Other tasks as directed by line or Project Manager.
- Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance.
- Ownership of assigned software and non-software deliverables.
- Liaison with Business Analysts and/or internal / external customers to ensure that requirements are understood.
- Production of accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timelines as defined by the PM.
- Production, preparation and execution of unit test plans
- Production of efficient and fully documented code.
- Production of supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication.
- Achievement of agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule and to defined quality standards.
- Completion of all necessary software and non-software components in the timelines as defined by the Project Manager.
- Use knowledge of industry changes in technology standards, information management, development standards, methods and emerging 3rd party software in order to advise on technology and leverage industry best practice in the design and construction of the product (This makes this one overlap with some architecture responsibilities, as per the P5 description).
Skill Set Desired:
- Strong analytical , problem solving and communication skills
- Have working experience with Amazon Cloud (AWS) services (EC2, S3, RDS, lambda, AWS Batch, IAM)
- Experience with monitoring automation system such as CloudWatch and Splunk
- Understanding container technologies and deployment
- Have good working experience with PostgreSQL database or PostgreSQL based databases and derstand PostgreSQL s user and role security model
- Familiar with Atlassian tool suite (e.g Git/Bitbucket source control services, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins)
- Understanding of Active Directory Concept
- Experience with software product development support and understanding of change control release process
- Ability to follow software standard and create standards if necessary
- Basic UNIX/LINUX administration and Windows Administration skill is desired.
- Strong experience writing UNIX/LINUX and/or PowerShell scripts
- Good knowledge of Internet building blocks (TCP, DNS, HTTP)
- Bonus Pluses
- Experience with PostgreSQL administration
- Experience working with Informatica administration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Working experience with SQL Server, MongoDB, Netezza
- Understanding of HIPAA and experience working with PHI and PII data
I'd love to talk to you if you think this position is right up your alley.
If you're looking for rewarding employment and a company that puts its employees first, we'd like to work with you. We're driven, people driven.
NOTE: Candidates that are offered a position are required to pass pre-employment drug and background screening. Qualified candidates with criminal histories, are considered in a manner that is consistent with local, state and federal laws.