ECS is seeking a DevOps Architect
to work in our Dahlgren, VA
office. Job Description:
ECS has an opportunity for a DevOps Architect tor to support our DoD client. The work location for this position will be located ECS corporate office space in Dahlgren, VA and the customer site.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and build components encompassing network, security, identity, governance, development and operations in Customer's environments.
- Operationalize solutions from proof-of-concept through production using automation for repeatability, maintainability, and to enforce standards beginning with automated testing progressing through the Dev/Ops pipeline to automated deployment
- Recommend and if approved use emerging tools and methodologies to automate existing processes and design new virtualized and cloud-based infrastructures based on infrastructure as code mindset; script and deploy infrastructure components
- Provide insight into and knowledge of the latest virtualized and cloud, technology, solutions, industry trends, and best practices
- Provide insight into and knowledge of the latest DevOps, technology, solutions, industry trends, and best practices
- Provide options for leveraging DevSecOps processes in a traditional program with firmware and hardware components
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes using automation for repeatability, maintainability, and to enforce standards, cyber security, and program safety
- U.S. Citizen
- Active or Interim Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree (in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline)
- Certification as either a Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert, or an AWS Professional (Solutions Architect or DevOps Engineer), or as a GCP Professional (Cloud Architect or Cloud DevOps Engineer)
- 5 or more years of experience doing infrastructure solution architecture
- 3 or more years of experience building cloud architecture with AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with C/C++ programming languages
- Experience working in software integration to hardware platforms
- Comprehensive knowledge in definition and management of software requirements, design, code, benchmark testing, debugging, software development lifecycle, architecture, and documentation.
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates, and key management
- Familiar with Linux environments
- Familiar with Automated testing processes and procedures
- Familiarity with release management processes
- Familiarity with Source/Version control (Github, GitLab, DevOps, TFS, Bitbucket, etc.) and feature branching strategies
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.