The GEICO Corporate Support Systems department has an exciting opportunity for an IT Architect
to join our team and make significant contributions to our DevOps and technical strategy. Our department owns the PeopleSoft applications for Financial Systems and Agent Licensing as well as our PeopleSoft HR and Time and Labor Systems which now reside in the Oracle Cloud. Additionally, we are responsible for maintaining security and monitoring for our Workday SaaS application, infrastructure for Actuarial Systems and other COTS applications, as well as DevOps support for various .NET systems. The successful candidate will play an integral role in our overall DevOps strategy to migrate eligible on-premises systems to a cloud solution and help with system automation initiatives leveraging C#, PowerShell, and Web API's. The ideal candidate will also be self-motivating and driven to consistently deliver outstanding customer support and will have demonstrated experience with troubleshooting production problems as well as a coordinating efforts across multiple teams within IT and the business organization.Core Responsibilities:
- Assist with public cloud automation to support initiatives around cloud migrations and end-to-end IT Service delivery at GEICO.
- Utilize modern development platforms and languages to develop custom solutions to comply with moving on-prem applications to the cloud.
- Examine applications and implement proactive monitoring and redundancy at all tiers to help meet GEICO's aggressive reduction in unplanned outage time.
- Configure Windows/Linux servers as needed, troubleshoot issues, and recommend system enhancements.
- Propose and document system designs that meet or exceed current business requirements.
- Review and guide applications designs to meet performance, scalability, and reusability requirements.
- Work with Finance, HR, and Technology leadership to develop and execute system processes.
- Work with business and IT management to explain benefits of design proposals.
- Collaborate with application development teams and operations teams to create synergy leading to successful application delivery.
- Contribute to technical process improvements across a variety of disciplines such as training, CM, Agile, and modern development practices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve deployment/configuration/set up issues and work with appropriate teams to correct any issues.
- Provide 24x7 on-call production support on a rotational basis.Candidate Required Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of DevOps concepts and experience deploying/migrating to cloud environments (Azure, IBM SoftLayer)
- Strong understanding of .Net Frameworks and associated runtime environments.
- Strong PowerShell scripting skills.
- Strong understanding of web servers and the web application hosting runtime.
- Strong understanding of administering Windows Server 2012R2/2016.
- Strong conceptualization, problem-solving, and analytical skills at a system design level.
- Understanding of Azure PaaS and IaaS services such as Cloud Services, IaaS VMs, etc.
- Understanding of Configuration Items and logical data modeling.
- Understanding and use of Azure DevOps (ADO) / Visual Studio 2017 for source control and associated build/release pipelines.
- Understanding of infrastructure as code and practical application to virtualized infrastructure (logical compute, storage and network).
- Understanding of infrastructure concepts related to Hosting, Networks, IP Address Management, Firewalls, Certificates, Load Balancing and Reverse Proxy.
- Familiarity with Active Directory, ADFS, SSO, Windows Authentication, SAML, OAuth.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business executives, technical teams, and end-users.Desired Qualifications:
- Deep understanding and familiarity with Azure technology stacks.
- Experience working with Azure Technologies: Cloud Services (web roles/worker roles), REDIS Cache, Azure Service Bus/Event Hub, App Service & ASE.
- 2 or more years' experience as a team member in projects utilizing the AGILE framework with Scrum/Kanban methodology.
- Proven track record of DevOps/infrastructure support, Windows/Linux administration and scripting, and cloud architecture design experience.
- Knowledge of build automation, release management, and system testing best practices.
- Understanding of system monitoring principles (synthetic monitoring, APM).
- Working knowledge of Workday SaaS Security concepts.
- Azure Certification is a PLUS. Any of the 70-4xx or 70-5xx (Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions, implementing MS Azure Infrastructure Solutions, Microsoft Architecting Azure Solutions). #LI-AM1About GEICO:
For more than 75 years, GEICO
has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.