TI Parcel Solutions, a Transportation Insight Company, is looking for a DevOps Associate to join our DevOps team. DevOps bridges the gap between our engineering team and operations to support and enhance our data-centric systems. Key roles are production support, business intelligence, and client support. DevOps works closely with both client services and development teams on a daily basis to support the production systems and service client requests. Environment is on prem moving to Azure cloud.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report: Service internal and client-facing reporting and data requests. (data exports, data analysis, and Crystal Reports)
- Develop: Improve and automate system processes and performance through technical expertise. (GLCoding routines, stored procedures, scripts, data flow)
- Configure: Handle the technical and systems setup required for client implementations.
- Monitor: Ensure system health, audit results, and timely data flow. Eliminate defects. Resolve or escalate issues.
- SME: Be subject matter expert for area of responsibility. Innovate within area of expertise.
- Support: Respond to support requests originating from internal users in a timely fashion.
- Work with team members to identify and resolve technical issues in a timely fashion.
- Analyze problems and communicate with end-users to assess needs and determine optimal solutions.
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation and process flow documentation.
- Performance tune systems and queries.
- Work closely with and serve as backup to other IT team members.
- Be available on call for emergencies and off-peak production work.
- US citizen or US permanent resident
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field with at least 3 years work experience
- A solid understanding of and experience with
- SQL, SSMS, Microsoft SQL Server
- Business Intelligence, reporting and analytics tools (Crystal Reports, PowerBI, or Tableau)
- ETL, data import, and export
- SQL queries, views, stored procedures, and functions
- Preferred experience
- MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Database design, data warehouse design
- Large datasets (hundreds of millions of records, TBs of data)
- Scripting experience
- Git based source control systems
- Process automation
- Agile development methodologies
- Service oriented mindset
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently or as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous work
- Strong documentation and organizational skills
Work under general supervision of the team manager with latitude for independent judgment.TRAVEL:
Position is 100% remote with preference given to candidates in Atlanta, GA, and Salt Lake City, UT. Minimal travel.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, veteran, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. In an effort to recruit, develop and retain top talent, we are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all personnel practices to ensure equal opportunity for employment, promotion, and training for a more inclusive workforce.