Need Someone on Clients W2
Title: Senior DevOps Automation Engineer
Location: Chandler, AZ; Des Moines, IA; St. Louis, MO; Minneapolis, MN; Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA
Duration: 3-4+ Months
Remote Work From Home for few Months
Required Skills: Kubernetes infrastructure build and deployment (EKS or AKS); Jenkins CI/CD-pipelines and global shared libraries, must be proficient with Jenkins plugins.
- Not infrastructure at all, these people need to be from a developer/SDET background and be strong in automation.
- Strong Kubernetes, need to have engineering experience within the tool doing workflow buildouts, automating clusters, and using build/deploy tools
- Strong Kubernetes EKS or AKS
- Jenkins pipeline experience and integration with CI/CD
- Jenkins global shared libraries experience is preferred
- Enterprise level experience with name brand companies is preferred
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Kubernetes - Container process, provision and deploy into it. DevOps Background with Kubernetes(+). Enabling B&R process Jira - leveraging Kubernetes. What is the project they are selling - internally impacts all development groups at WF, direction with containerization is based on Kubernetes (Pivotal) KPS - Cloud Foundry, everything is deployed in a Kubernetes container. The project extends the B&R pipeline to support Kubernetes from a provisions and deployment into it perspective, the idea being that they want self-service full service.
- Use Kubernetes to deploy, load balance, scale, and manage Docker containers
- Create and maintain fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code deployment using Jenkins
- Experienced in CI (Continuous Integration)/CD (Continuous Delivery) software development pipeline stages like building, debugging, automating, managing and deploying code across multiple environments.
- Proficient in working with Continuous Integration development practice using Jenkins and Git.
- Hands on experience in building EKS - Managed Kubernetes cluster from scratch in AWS and deploying Elastic search, Fluentd and Kibana for monitoring and logging.
- Hands on experience in working with source code management tool, GIT or Maven.
- Promote plugins from update center to Jenkins master and followed the best practice while performing the Jenkins upgrade activities
- Performed the application pods upgrade through rolling update, check the status and history of pods while performing the upgrades and incase of failure to launch pods revert back the changes over Kubernetes cluster.
Team: Working with product teams - 7 or 8 agile teams, each has 8 people focused on 1 of 4 products. They support developer and cloud enablement - cross over for both teams. Their team is geographically distributed. There won't be much outreach to the community that comes to the product team - 2 week sprints