Piper Companies is currently seeking a DevOps/Automation Engineering Lead for a commercial organization based in the Baltimore/Washington DC area. Candidates with experience leading a team of QA/DevOps engineers are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities for the DevOps Automation Engineer:
- Lead a team of QA and Automation Engineers as the work on integrating DevOps into testing their current application suite
- Deep AWS expertise,
- Scripting full-scale systems across dev, stage and production using Chef or TerraForm (preferred). CI/CD expertise (Jenkins, preferably).
- Solid knowledge of Observability tooling (should know of Splunk, Sumo, Datadog, New Relic, ELK, Grafana)
- Operational experience with on-call service integration with the aforementioned tools, using VictorOps, PagerDuty or similar.
- Advocate for these tools and help select, then be responsible for the implementation and ongoing operation of these tools.
- Risk attitude should be it can't be avoided, so build around it with redundancy, alerting and automated failover.
- Awareness of (or better yet experience with) Netflix' SimianArmy (Chaos Monkey et al) would be a good sign.
- This person is a current/future leader in DevOps and/or SDET
Qualifications of the DevOps Automation Engineer
- Extensive experience with AWS and Windows base on-prem servers
- Experience with Selenium, Gherkin and Cucumber
- Experience with Jenkins and Docker
- Experience leading a team of 5 or more
- Deep understanding of test systems and network as it relates to the application
- 5+ Years of Experience
- 2+ Years leading and managing a team
Compensation for the DevOps Automation Engineer
- $100,000 - $160,000 based upon experience and credentials
- Benefits include Medical, Vision, Devntal, 401k