Description Job Description:
The Leidos Spatial Solutions Division has an opening for an experienced DevOps Engineers to assist with the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems. Leidos is looking for multiple DevOps Engineers at various levels, starting from a Jr., to Senior level contributors.
This position can be located at one of the following facilities, with some flexibility to work remote: Alexandria OR Chantilly, VA OR Gaithersburg, MDPrimary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with program's Multi-environment cloud Devops capability spanning AWS cloud environments, including the Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline. Facilitate Communication & Team Integration: support communication, integration, and transparency across the team as demonstrated by implementing operations initiatives, initiating meetings, promoting Jira, lessons learned, root cause analysis, etc.
- Agile Project Collaboration and Implementation: Assist and participate in the implementation of agile practices for multiple software development teams, facilitate standardization of JIRA internally and with the customer to show project process for each initiative.
- Configuration Management: work with the management and technical team to facilitate change and configuration management process, ensuring alignment with auditing requirements; facilitate incident reporting across all program teams; maintain the risk management register; facilitate the development and maintenance of program documentation.
- Business Intelligence & Dashboard Development: maintain user-friendly dashboards displaying program metrics; generate ad-hoc data analysis reports for management and customer.
- Data Analysis & Reporting: monitor application volumes using historical data and current events; notify management of volume trends and significant spikes; monitor website traffic.
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must currently possess a Top Secret Security Clearance with ability to obtain SCI post hire
- DoD 8570 Compliant Certification (Security+)
- Familiar in either software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
- Familiar with AWS/Cloud technologies
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Understanding of DevOps methodologies and workflow
- Knowledge of the Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services, at least one of the following: (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Team Collaboration tools, at least one of the following: Jira, Confluence, RocketChat
- Requires a BS in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or closely related discipline and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with Tableau or PowerBI
- Familiar with System Engineering documentation (VDDs, diagrams, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technical performance versus cost management
- Familiar with cross domain architectures at various levels
- Experience with automated testing and monitoring
- Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
- Familiarity with Git / SVN
- Familiarity with some sort of deployment platform such as Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or other proprietary deployment platforms.
- Familiarity with automation platforms such as Ansible, Chef, Terraform
- Familiarity with Kubernetes/container based deployments. Knowledge of how to build, deploy, test pipelines for container deployments.
Pay Range - -