A developer position responsible for the design, development, deployment, maintenance and administration of Web/Middleware applications to support UNFCU’s business operations and growth by adopting DevOps principles. Demonstrate full stack knowledge and capability to work in all areas of the technology stack.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain:
- Web based Solutions using Microsoft Technology stack.
- Middleware Applications/Micro Services in Java Technology.
- Database Solutions (Stored Procedures, Triggers, etc.) in Microsoft SQL Server & Oracle.
- SOAP and/or REST compliant Web Services in both Microsoft (Web API, WCF) and Java Technology by adopting SOA Principles.
- Perform Application Development using Agile and DevOps principles by adhering to the CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Delivery) pipeline principles.
- Configure application builds and automated deployments using the TFS/Jenkins Build and Release features.
- Design, document, implement, and maintain scripts for build and release processes.
- Maintain source code in source code repositories such as Team Foundation Server (TFS/TFS-GIT), Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.
- Actively participate in research, design and development of solutions
- Responsible for requirements gathering, design, development, unit testing, peer-level testing and implementation.
- Adhere to SDLC process in all Middleware related Developments, which include Software Configuration Management, Change Management Process, etc.
- Provide technical support to Product Managers, Business Analysis, Application Support, Project Management, Application Development and QA Teams, as well as other team members, as required.
- Seek and accept guidance from Sr. Developers on all deliverables.
- Participate in design review meetings and provide technical support to others.
- Work collaboratively with the team, perform cross training, and ensure timely delivery.
- Recommend industry standard best practices and emerging technologies to team for continuous improvement.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Participate in Credit Union training programs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
TYPE & AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or Management Information Systems
- 3+ years’ experience in MVC.NET/Java/SQL Server Software design and development (Web Application and Web Services) with Agile Methodology
- 2+ years’ experience in handling various DevOps tools with respect to build/release automation
- Minimum two years of IIS Administration experience
- 4+ years of development experience using Microsoft MVC .Net, AJAX, JQuery, Java Script, Bootstrap, MS SQL Server required
- 4+ years of experience in Source code control, Build and Release management using TFS required
- IIS Administration experience required
- Development experience using Node JS, React JS and Web API preferred
- Foundational programming skills with Java preferred
- MuleSoft ESB experience preferred
- Strong analytical ability/problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment to complete assigned projects in a timely manner
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multi-task, taking on several initiatives at once
- Standard office conditions
- May require work on weekends or other extended hours
- Critical system outages and system upgrades may require 24/7 coverage on short notice
In addition to any specific job requirements in connection with Bank Secrecy Act and/or OFAC (BSA), employee must (i) be aware of BSA matters commensurate with the position; (ii) report any suspicious activity to the manager or compliance department; and (iii) satisfactorily complete any required BSA training.