DevOps Engineer/AWS Sys Admin - Linux
Enquizit is seeking a DevOps Engineer with a strong background in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Linux. We are looking for a talented, highly motivated, and innovative engineer with a track record of taking initiative. This individual must be capable of working in a fast-paced Agile environment, administering 24x7 client facing environments, and working cooperatively with a multi-functional team.
The Linux DevOps Engineer will take a lead role in the administration of infrastructure and applications in Amazon Web Services (AWS). He/she will be responsible for the applications architecture and support in Amazon Web Services. The DevOps Engineer will also participate in on-call rotation and after hours support as required.
- Knowledge of AWS user, security, and networking configurations
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services: EC2, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, CloudFront, VPC, Route53, IAM, CloudWatch, Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
- Expertise in Linux systems administration
- A detailed understanding of core network protocols and services (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, REST/SOAP, FTPS/SFTP, DNS, SSL, firewalls, load balancers)
- Good scripting skills in perl, python or bash
- Experience scripting against APIs
- Application performance monitoring (Splunk, Nagios, Cacti, New Relic, AlrtSite)
- MSCS, BSCS or equivalent highly desirable
- Technical certifications highly desirable
A strong candidate will also bring to the table some of the following:
- Software development experience (Java, C, C++, etc…)
- Experience with MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with configuration Management tools (Salt/Puppet/Chef)
- Experience with Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Jenkins
The following attributes will be required to be successful:
- A Bias for Action. Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk taking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic and tenacious
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and resolution skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- An interest in continuous improvement, innovation and simplification
- The ability to translate business problems into practical, scalable technical solutions
- Humility, integrity and the ability to be self-critical
Remote :2-3 days travel every week to DC for the first 2 months. 100% remote thereafter with occasional travel to DC.
What we offer:
- Competitive annual salary and bonus
- 100% Medical for employee with employer HSA
- Low cost 401K plan with 3% employer match
- Relocation package
- Career Growth
- Training and Certification opportunities
- Tech Conferences
For more information on Enquizit, our clients and our partnerships, visit https://enquizit.com/
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply to the position, send a copy of your resume and covering letter explaining why you would be a fit.
Ravi Sundar | Senior Recruiting Manager
Enquizit, Inc | www.enquizit.com