Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M+, and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country's most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research's open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.Job Number: 697 Looking for a career with purpose?
One that challenges your mind, grows your skills, and contributes to our Nation's most critical missions? Do you pride yourself on solving problems that others think are impossible?
Join Riverside Research's Aircraft and Satellite Collection Planning Teams
! Riverside Research's Modeling and Application Development Group has an immediate opening for a DevSecOps Engineer
. We are a passionate team who apply cutting edge advances in optimization and cloud-native and hybrid cloud solutions to solve real-world challenges using agile methodologies in a collaborative environment that will transform our customers' experience in ways we cannot yet imagine. These mission critical efforts include development of innovative enterprise, cloud, scalable, and application-based solutions for mission management and collection orchestration.
In this role, you will support the Air Force Distributed Common Ground System (AF DCGS) weapons system with the Enterprise Collection Planner (ECP) project; the candidate will also support the National Geospatial-intelligence Agency's (NGA) Collection Planning Suite (CPS) application. ECP and CPS are multithreaded, real-time systems leveraging virtual machines, high end graphics, and service-oriented architectures to provide mission planning capabilities to the AF DCGS and NGA. This candidate will support developing user interfaces, web services, and business logic code in a hybrid cloud and AWS environments. Working in a small team you will participate in the research, design, development, testing, optimization, and deployment of complex new solutions for our government customers.
As a not-for-profit company, Riverside Research re-invests annual profits in independent research and development projects, community initiatives, and employee benefits that exceed the industry average. Your career development is enhanced by the opportunity to work with a broad variety of experts in cutting-edge engineering and research disciplines. All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. citizenship.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
- Work closely with engineering leads, software developers, program managers, and testers to design, develop and deploy ECP.
- Use best industry practices to improve infrastructure reliability, scalability, performance, and repeatability of setup and deployment.
- Create and maintain automated continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines and repositories.
- Represent the Riverside Research development team at ECP customer meetings
- Nominal travel may be required to locations such as: San Diego, CA; Warner Robins, GA; Hampton, VA; Yuba City, CA; Boston, MA; Palmdale, CA
- Performs all other tasks as assigned.
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain and maintain a clearance up to a TS/SCI (current clearance of some kind preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline, preferably in software engineering or computer science or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Experience with DevOps and deploying infrastructure
- Experience with one or more Infrastructure as Code (IaC) frameworks
- Experience with source code management and automated build technologies like Git, Github, Nuget, MSBuild, Azure Pipelines, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Elasticsearch
- Experience with security monitoring such as SonarQube, HP Fortify
- Network administration/network security experience (firewalls, encryption, system hardening, certificates, etc.)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Experience managing virtual machines (VMWare, Hypervisors, etc.)
- Experience working in a Windows environment
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful Services
- Experience with Agile methodologies, such as scrum or SAFe
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently and as a team player
- Problem-solving, time-management, and organizational skills
- Experience with web-based technologies, methodologies, and architectures, including HTTP, HTML, AJAX, XML, JSON, and SQL Server/Oracle databases
- Experience with one or more Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) tools (Azure cli, AWS EC2, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server and/or Azure Dev Ops
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Experience with Microsoft Test Manager
- Experience creating unit and automated tests
- Experience with Air Force Distributed Common Ground System (AF DCGS) aircraft mission planning
- Experience with NGA satellite mission planning
- Ability to collaborate and communicate across functional areas
- Excellent communication skills
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check. Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at 937-427-7074 or email HR@RiversideResearch.org. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit: