DevOps Engineer - Fortify Application SecurityJob Description:
At Micro Focus, everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have. Our software solutions enable organizations to do just that. Secure and scalable, with analytics built in, they bridge the gap between existing and emerging IT-fast-tracking digital transformations across DevOps, Hybrid IT, Security, and Predictive Analytics. In the race to innovate, Micro Focus customers have the clear advantage. Our portfolio spans the following areas:
DevOps|IT Operations| Cloud| Security |Info Governance | Big Data, Machine Learning, & Analytics
Fortify is the industry-leading provider of Application Security solutions that empowers organizations to develop secure software. Fortify offers a comprehensive portfolio of application security solutions with the flexibility of testing on-premise and on-demand to cover the entire software development lifecycle. Over 80% of security breaches exploit application vulnerabilities, and at Fortify, you will be at the forefront of one of the fastest growing segments in the security market. You will work with bright, motivated teammates to implement solutions to some of the toughest code analysis problems in the industry. We develop complex algorithms to scan the code of over 25 different programming languages. Development and testing are done using agile methodologies and techniques.
Micro Focus is seeking a DevOps Engineer for the Fortify AppSec Business Unit, to build enterprise-level software for application security. Our software helps many Fortune 100 organizations secure their applications for customers. Come work for a company with award-winning culture, where collaboration, transparency, work/life balance (and of course fun) are among our highest values.
The Fortify Software Security Center (SSC) team is building a suite of tools to help our clients visualize data, review and audit vulnerabilities. As a key member of this team, you will contribute to projects that aid in the aggregation, analysis, and visualization of source code vulnerabilities to secure applications. Fortify is ranked marked leader in Application Security by Gartner.
Join us and you will:
- Design and implement efficient and reliable build processes in collaboration with the development teams
- Collaborate with the lab management team to deploy systems for the R&D team and resolve hardware, software and network problems
- Automate and monitor build and unit tests execution.
- Document processes.
- Measure build and unit tests pass rate and efficiency.
- Communicate status on a regular basis.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Expertise or knowledge of compiler, build tools such as Make, Ant and Gradle
- Expertise with build automation tools like Jenkins and Teamcity
- Expertise with version control systems like Git and Perforce.
- Unix, Windows and macOS administration experience.
- Expertise in scripting languages like Shell, Python, Groovy.
- Integration and maintenance of automation tools
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A passion for delivering high quality products.
- Experience with software systems running on multiple platform types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery of English.
- Ability to effectively communicate process architectures, design proposals, and specifications.
Demonstrate knowledge or experience in multiple areas:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or relevant fields
- 4+ years of experience
- Ability to articulate design choices
- Ability to research, prototype, and troubleshoot challenging problems
- Eager to learn new tools, languages, and technologies
- Ant, Gradle, MSbuild,
- Scripting languages such as Python, Shell, Powershell, Groovy
- Jenkins, TeamCity, CI automation tools, FishEye, Crucible
- Source control management tools such as perforce, git
- SQL knowledge
- VM management / Lab Management
- Ability to troubleshoot networking and firewall problems
- System administration skills for Windows and Linux
- Experience with software systems running on multiple platforms
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status