Title: DevOps Engineer - Kubernetes
Location: Portland, OR or one of our GEO's - Washington, Texas, Florida, California
Job #: LA291805724
IGNW is an engineering-based resourcing company headquartered in Portland, OR with GEO based teams in Seattle, WA / Austin & Dallas, TX / Southeast US / California. We have global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic partnerships include Google Cloud, Hashicorp, Puppet, Cisco, and Docker. WHY IGNW?
So many reasons, one being IGNW has earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to job seekers, hiring managers and current Contractors. Check it out! https://www.bestofstaffing.com/agencies/ignw/
Take a look and see if this is a match.... or any other jobs posted! Summary:
The IGNW DevOps/Kubernetes Engineers are highly qualified, experienced, personable and knowledgeable across many different languages, processes and toolsets. As a company, we provide both training and hands on consulting to our customer to help them move forward with contemporary IT strategies
The Kubernetes Engineers are responsible for providing highly technical design and implementation consulting to our enterprise technical customers. The position includes at least 25% travel, mainly within the United States.
IGNW is seeking a full-time Kubernetes Engineer that is interested in providing both pre and post sales consulting as well as technical training for our customers. Responsibilities:
- Must have extensive understanding of Kubernetes architecture
- Experience in building components for a Kubernetes service
- Experience with deploying and upgrading Kubernetes clusters.
- Ability to debug issues with Kubernetes clusters and complex applications hosted on k8s
- Experience with building and operating Kubernetes clusters
- Work with the development teams on the CI/CD process related to Kubernetes deployments.
- Work with DevOps teams to Architect, Develop & Implement innovative software solutions related to the DevOps and Agile Transformation of the enterprise.
- Technologies will include Git, Hashicorp tool sets, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker EE, Openshift, ELK Stack and many other DevOps related technologies
- Work with I&O teams to develop automations strategies for both private and Public data center stacks (Hyperconverged/Traditional architectures, VMWare, KVM, Cisco, F5 & AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Work with software languages which will include node.js, Go, Java, PHP, Ruby and COTS based application distributions
- Expose Strengths and Weaknesses in the CI/CD Processes and suggest or Automate Paths Forward to Mitigate those Weaknesses
- Collaboration: Work with your peers within your team and outside your team to help develop these solutions. Work with leaders at customer locations to help advise them on how best to achieve their DevOps goals
- Learning and Teaching: To be a continuous Learner. To generously teach others what you learn
- Feedback: To provide respectful yet honest feedback to leadership about how to better achieve the DevOps goals
- Knowledgeable: To be Knowledgeable about the DevOps and the need for application teams to adopt Best Practices
Preferred Areas of expertise:
- 5+ years of Software Development or advanced System Administration in OpenSource Technologies
- 3+ years of Providing Technical Guidance to other Engineers
- 3+ Years of experience developing with node.js, Python, PHP or GO
- 3+ years of experience with CI servers
- Demonstrate an expert level of understanding and experience with at least 1 CI/CD technology
- Friendly, sincere and energetic personality
- Highly intellectual
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Hashicorp Tools (Terraform, Consul, Vault, Nomad)
- Docker and Dockerfile development, Docker EE
- GitHub Experience
- Software or Solutions Architect
- ELK Stack Setup and Configuration
- Jenkins and Jenkinsfile development
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Development experience using REST
- Experience working with an Agile team
- Bachelor's degree or higher
IGNW offers competitive rates and training. For full-time employees, they also offer full benefits plan, including medical, dental, vision, and generous retirement plan.
Please note: Candidates may need to pass a drug and/or background check.
Please send in your resume today and be sure to get a quick response from one of our onsite recruiters:
Check out our reviews here: glassdoor.com
To view other IGNW opportunities please visit https://www.ignw.io/jobs