Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Newark, NJ – 07102 (Remote until COVID Situation stabilizes)
Duration: 12 months+
Years of Experience: Level 2
Right to hire: Yes
CTO Automation Services has an opportunity for an Analyst DevOps Engineer to join our Solution Delivery Enablement team.
DevOps is a set of practices that combines software development (Dev) and information technology operations (Ops) to shorten the systems development life cycle while delivering features, fixes, and updates frequently in close alignment with business objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The DevOps Pipeline Engineer is responsible for assisting with the analysis, design and build of the DevOps processes and tool sets.
- The DevOps Engineer is responsible for providing input to the DevOps standards and workflows, configuration management functions associated with product releases and ensuring the integrity of the delivery standards.
- A Good understanding of DevOps
- Experience with modern source code management and software repository systems (Git, Bitbucket)
- Experience with programming languages (Python)
- Experience with scripting languages (Shell, Groovy)
- Experienced with IaC (Ansible)
- Experience with API deployment for tooling integration
- Experience using Jenkins (Pipeline as Code, Shared Libraries)
- The ability to work independently as well as perform as part of a scrum team
- Strong customer service mindset
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical users
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent initiative, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with a strong desire to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to document exceptions/issues/action plans/meeting minutes/lessons learned accurately and in a timely fashion
- Ability to create excellent working relationships within and across teams
- Experienced with AWS Cloud
- Experience with administering DevOps tools in SaaS
- Experience using DevOps Tools (SonarQube, Artifactory etc.)
- Experience using build tools (Maven, MSBuild and Gradle)
- Experience using containers (Docker)
- Experience using Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience with Mobile app SDLC
- Aware of Infrastructure as Code (Ansible / CloudFormation)
- Awareness of DevSecOps (SAST, DAST, MAST, IAST)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Should be educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent.