Capgemini Government Solutions (CGGS) LLC is seeking highly motivated and experienced AWS/DevOps Engineer to join our team in Arlington, VA supporting on our government client.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to apply and grow their skillset, work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders, and build CGGS' capabilities to serve our clients. Job Responsibilities
- Work with a team of engineers to plan, deploy and maintain critical business applications in a production cloud environment.
- Participate in designing and implementing appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support.
- Influencing other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting Cloud technologies, processes, and best practices.
- Automating the provisioning of environments with Chef or Ansible (or other CM tools), and deploying environments using containers, like Docker.
- Designing and developing automation workflows, performing unit tests and conducting review to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to our clients.
- Participating in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, and release of new capabilities and features.
- Representing production support for the suite of apps in the domain in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions and deployment activities.
Driving improvements to processes and design enhancements to automation to continuously improve the production environment. Basic Qualifications
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other related scientific
- At least 4-6 years of professional experience in IT, IT services or tech consulting work
- 2+ years working with AWS - ideally Certified AWS Solutions Architect
- Hands on experience with the core AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, CloudWatch, Lambda, IAM, CloudFormation, RDS
- Experience working with AWS CLI and/or AWS SDK
- Understanding of cloud modernization strategies, techniques and architectures
- Knowledge of policies, practices and trends (e.g., Cloud First, FedRAMP, DevSecOps)
- Experience with CM tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef - at least an understanding of infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, and orchestration
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions such as Splunk, Elastic, Nagios, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), DevOps and agile principles
- Experience with DevOps tools and concepts (e.g., Jenkins, Ruby, Maven, Bamboo, Chef, Ansible or Puppet, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.) and how these would fit together in CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of scripting and / or programming languages (e.g., Python, Java, Perl... heck or even just bash) and the ability to communicate with other technical resources
- High level understanding of networking concepts (to include internet and direct connect) and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client's opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of EUR 12.8 billion. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us at www.capgemini-gs.com .
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
#cggsjobs #ondice #CB