M3 - Accounting Software and Services for the Hospitality Industry
Who are we?
M3 is a Top 150 Workplaces winner named three years in a row by the Atlanta Journal Constitution! We offer you a stable work experience that is family-oriented, laser focused on our market and a great place to grow your career. Our company-wide personal commitment to both clients and employees is simple: do the right thing and invest in long-term relationships. Together, we work to provide the highest standard of accounting software and services to deliver on our mission to drive hospitality company success. M3 is the most trusted provider of IT for hospitality financial success. Our software is the hotel accounting software used and trusted by the biggest names in the hospitality industry, 7000 customers strong. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team of 250 intelligent, diverse and friendly people!
We're located in beautiful, new buildings with Headquarters in Gwinnett County, GA just off I-85 and complete with an employee gym, bright, open work spaces and games in the break room.
Compensation and Benefits:
M3 offers a strong benefits package including choice of a 100% employer paid Medical family plan or two others with 75% employer paid medical, Dental and Vision for the employee and family plus Life, Disability, and Long Term Care insurance that the company provides free of charge; 401k with a 6% match; flex hours; blended office/home work options for most roles; three weeks paid time off to start; discretionary profit sharing; a great culture, competitive salary. We are a certified Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a senior level IT position for someone who has demonstrable IT knowledge and significant experience. The primary role of the engineer is to translate business to technology and technology to business, and must, therefore, have strong communication as well as analytical skills. He or she must have a passion for learning about technology and business, a natural inclination to engage and take ownership of issues, and an ability to talk both business and technical. A successful Engineer will be able to take complex problems and break them down into smaller pieces, consider the big picture as well as the details, and take input from a multitude of directions to paint a broad picture.
The Automation Engineer is responsible for working with multiple teams within the organization to identify, develop, and deploy automation to increase the efficiency and efficacy of resources, and providing senior level operational support to administrators. The engineer will research and develop tools, scripts, and systems to support the automation goals, and will assist in troubleshooting those systems in the development, test, and production environments.
- Performs advanced troubleshooting of all applications, systems, networks, etc.
- Understand IT Best Practices and Standards
- Using designs and specifications developed by architects, builds materials list, configurations, etc. to build configurations for and implement new services or improve existing services
- Identifies and develops new policies and procedures in coordination with Architect
- Implements new services in accordance design and specifications
- Assist with needs analysis, taking lead role where required
- Assist architects with design of new services.
- Mentors and at time directs activities of less experienced Automation Engineers and junior team members.
- Provides 24/7 after-hours technical escalation as needed.
- Implement, maintain, and improve Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery environments
- Build automation including creating builds to be used for deploying to multiple servers
- Identifying file structures required for building projects, creating build definitions, and deploying projects to multiple environments
- Ongoing build and release environment planning, maintenance, and optimization
- Create release definitions allowing for customizable configuration depending on the environment. Work closely with development to ensure that any application required configuration is accounted for and represented in the release management process
- Deployments of applications to Development, QA, and Production servers
- Coordinate database updates as part of the release management process
- Collaborate with all teams to ensure effective continuous integration and delivery
- Develop and maintain applications that support automated and manual testing
- Develop and maintain test cases part of release management
- Monitor performance, collect test data and analyze the results. Communicate potential issues back to the development team.
- Proactively seek opportunities to implement improvements in the development process and deployment pipeline.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Deep understanding of scripting using PowerShell, Active Scripts, shell scripts, and other scripting tools
- Deep understanding of DevOps
- Moderate understanding of the software development lifecycle and multiple methodologies such as waterfall and iterative.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional border
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform work on a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to travel in representing the company s interests required.
- Ability to attend work and meetings with excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to bend or reach up to 6 feet above the floor and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb under furniture.
- Ability to work in confined and unconditioned spaces