NOTE - No Visa candidates for this position
- As a Cloud Development Operations (DevOps) Engineers you have experience building and maintaining sophisticated Infrastructure as Code (IaC) deployments.
- The Cloud DevOps team owns the continuous deployment and operation of secure and highly available applications infrastructure backing the company's suite of solutions for broadcast video streaming, globally distributed edge control, and content and viewer experience management.
- Working within multiple Product Development teams, you'll be focused on promoting DevOps principles within the team, building and maintaining CI|CD pipelines, designing and implementing monitoring tools and infrastructure to ensure 24/7 operation of global video networking services.
- You will play a important role in the quality and success of our products while growing your technical skills and professional experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of the deployment pipelines and procedures within the product team to ensure that deployments are efficient and reliable, striving for zero downtime during frequent pushes of code to the production environment.
- Provide tier-three technical support of the platform, in conjunction with the customer-facing technical support teams.
- Participate in design and code review sessions within the product team with an eye to product stability, supportability and security.
- Implement and set standards within the product team for secure systems design.
- Institute operational procedures to strive for 99.999% production systems availability.
- Lead incident response and emergency operations in cases of systems outage or security breach and provide written "post-mortem analysis of incidents.
- Write clear and concise technical and procedural documentation on systems architecture and operational practice.
- Five years of knowledge in software development, DevOps and cloud applications infrastructure.
- Expert in cloud applications systems and network administration: prefer Azure with additional AWS experience a plus.
- Virtual machines and container orchestration - i.e Kubernetes
- Virtual private networks and Azure application load balancers/firewalls
- Serverless applications
- DNS infrastructure
- Demonstrated proficiency with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Continuous Configuration Automation (CCA) patterns and tools.
- Particularly: Terraform, Azure DevOps preferred and TeamCity Pipelines acceptable, Azure CLI/ARM, AWS CloudFormation
- Extensive knowledge of Information Security "best practices, particularly in relation to systems deployment, ongoing security scanning and analysis, and identity management.
- Familiarity with JIRA/Confluence, Azure DevOps, or other Agile project collaboration tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage priorities, and stay organized.
- Demonstrated ability to work remotely and communicate effectively with Senior Management, supervisors, peers and end-users.
- Comprehension of streaming media and video encoding/decoding technologies.
- University degree in Computer Science or related domains.
- May consider equivalent work experience.
Everest Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal civil right laws.