Title: DevOps Engineer
Location : Palo Alto, CA
Position : Contract.
* Investigate new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and deliver an exceptional user experience
* Develop in a cloud native environment delivering critical monitoring APIs and services and CI/CD
* Explore new avenues like Predictions, Anomaly Detection & Machine Learning in to monitoring platform to build intelligent alerting systems
* Solve technical challenges and deliver using agile methodologies
* Be delivery oriented leveraging modern DevOps tools and environment (eg. kubernetes, containerized microservices) to deploy high quality and highly scalable Ariba products
* Work with cross-functional development teams and demonstrate ability to manage dependencies.
Desired Skills and Experience
* 5+ years professional software programmer
* Wide array of language skills; Perl
* Hands-on experience with design, implementation and usage of CI/CD tools (eg. Jenkins), kubernetes, cloud native storage, release automation, etc.
* Experience with containerized deployments in public cloud, network infrastructure, monitoring tools
* Experience developing applications for Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or other cloud native platforms for large-scale, multi-tenant, SaaS systems
* Building containerized microservices and backend REST API development is strongly desired
* Experience developing and managing highly available and extensively used production environment
* Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
* Proven success in improving software reliability and agile delivery