*Only W2 candidates will be considered*
Our client, a Fortune 50 telecom client, has an opening for a mid-level Devops Engineer. This is a W2 hourly position with a pay range of $50-55/hr.
This position is already funded for 2021 and planned for extension into 2022 and possibly beyond.
Currently this role is remote but once they return to offices (possibly around September) then this role will be onsite in Sunnyvale, CA.
Top skills: Python, Jenkins, Ansible, bash scripting, troubleshooting in Linux CentOS
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to support cloud deployments. This role requires a self-starter who is adept at solving problems, is a collaborative teammate and an effective communicator at all levels within an organization.
• Collaborate with Software Development teams, Product Managers, and Business Owners to ensure smooth deployment and operation of systems.
• Build CI/CD pipeline configurations to orchestrate provisioning and deployment of both large and small-scale systems.
• Automate tools to monitor system health and reliability to support business process requirements.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments.
• Communicate status and risks to the product teams.
• Help automate and streamline operations and processes.
• Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
• We prefer you to have a 4-year degree and have senior-level experience. To us, that means at least 3-5 years in a professional DevOps role. We believe you will be successful if you are capable of organizing and running projects from start to finish. You should be able to identify and complete tasks with minimal direction or supervision.
• 4 year degree preferred.
• 3-5 years Dev Ops experience required with preferred experience in a senior reporting role.
• Experience with AWS is required, other cloud providers are a nice bonus.
• A strong Linux or Unix background.
• Complete focus on security and mitigating risk through technology.
• Experience working with automation tools such as Puppet, Terraform, CHEF, or Ansible.
• Prior work with Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, PostGres, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, microservices, message queues and related technologies will be very helpful.
• Working knowledge of some form of CI/CD (Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, AppVeyor, etc) is required.
• Know Git or some other version control and have experience in an Agile environment.
• You should demonstrate a fundamental understanding of modern platform technologies and industry standard methodologies.
• Experience in financial services a plus, but not required.