DevOps Engineer, Chantilly, VA or Annapolis Junction, MD
Our client is seeking a DevOps Engineer for a contract opportunity in Chantilly, VA or Annapolis Junction, MD.
Our client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to help support mission critical infrastructure in a 24/7, dynamic and fast-paced production environment in AWS cloud.
This position assists with the development of various platforms and applications, including the automation pipeline. The individual should have experience with both traditional development/engineering projects as well as working in a DevOps role. This is a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment looking for strong communication and teamwork skills as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
This position is based out of either Chantilly, VA or Annapolis Junction, MD. Remote option could be considered for exceptional candidates. However, all new hires are required to undergo 2-4 weeks of Chantilly onsite project orientation and team integration.
- Automating operational processes using scripting languages such as Shell/Ruby/Python/Ansible/Puppet/Chef tools.
- Collaborate with development/test teams to design, build, and deploy an automated testing platform
- Build and execute automation scripts using approved automation tools.
- Administering, configuring, tuning, and maintaining AWS Infrastructure in non-prod and Production environments
- Performing daily activities, such as deployments, managing users access, monitoring schedules, and monitoring overall system
- Working with developers, IBM support, database administrators, and other IT operations resources to troubleshoot issues and ensure the system is working properly
- Managing servers, including applying patches
- Working closely with the report developers to manage deployments and security throughout the environment
- Researching, assessing, and implementing AWS best practices
- Analyzing server/system logs daily to identify and proactively resolve those issues
- Act as the technical expert for support and enhancement issues
- Design, develop, test, and maintain infrastructure as necessary
- A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- AWS networking experience.
- Linux experience.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture design and implementation.
- Scripting skills in Shell/Ruby/Python/Ansible/Puppet/Chef tools
- Strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in managing AWS cloud services like VPC,EC2/S3/RDS /Workspaces/etc.
- Experience in Automated Testing activities in an Agile and DevOps development environment.
- Experience using Software Configuration Management tools such as Chef and Salt.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.