*Please Note: This is a Contract to Hire Role. Do not apply if you cannot convert, no fee.*
No relocation offered
Good experience with shell scripting.
The Client is conducting a search for a poly-skilled Software/DevOps Engineer with a range of skills and experience to work with the Data Engineering teams in both Legacy (Oracle) and AWS Cloud data environments. As a Senior Software/DevOps Engineer, the ideal candidate will have designed, developed and implemented solutions that include not only the code that supports business functionality but also the underlying infrastructure required to run that code and the systems required to deploy it. The candidate should also possess technical skills and experience in the virtual infrastructure domain in particular Amazon Web Services and have knowledge and experience with continuous delivery systems.
The primary responsibilities for this position is to design, document, implement, and maintain the solution architecture in support of the application development and QA processes. The position will provide operational support for development, test and production environments. Overall the person in this position is expected to demonstrate proficiency in database design, troubleshooting, leadership, and customer service.
Additionally, candidate will be responsible for highly complex java coding, managing small sections of ongoing projects and closely adhering to deadlines. Candidate will take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation.
• Design, develop and implement solutions, based on a set of standards and processes which establish consistency across the enterprise data, reduce risk, and promote efficiencies in support of the organization's goals and objectives.
• Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies (especially in Java or Nodejs), working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
• Working knowledge of J2EE, Oracle PL/SQL, MVC application framework, design patterns, web and application servers
• Develop full stack solutions and continuous delivery frameworks that improve the ability of the CB IT delivery teams to efficiently deliver solutions with quality.
• Write complex code, building infrastructure as code, work with immutable "cloud” based environments, and build the supporting automated toolsets to test and deploy the systems they develop.
• Responsible for the quality of their work; will develop and implement a set of quality criteria and the associated validation method to ensure that any deliverable meets the expected quality levels of our customers, use quality management to ensure quality levels are maintained, seek new approaches and techniques to improve quality levels, employ reviews and observations to maintain the quality and continuous improvement process, and analyze the impact of quality control and quality assurance on project performance.
• Use metrics to establish feasibility of new initiatives and develop plans, including budget, sequencing and time frames.
• Actively review their own and the team's work processes and implements improvements seen from other teams or in industry to drive continuous improvement of the team's efficiency, speed, and quality.
• The candidate will plan for work, manage and lead smaller development teams but is primarily a hands-on engineer that leads by doing. The candidate will also take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and preparing technical documentation.
• Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with Java development.
• Experience with Distributed Service Standards (SOAP, REST, EJB)
• Experience with AWS Services like S3, Lambda, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, Step Functions, VPC, and more
• Understanding of Microservices and Serverless Architectures
• Experience with revision code source code repositories in particular Bitbucket, GIT and SVN
• Strong and evolving competence in several programming languages and technologies, working knowledge of multiple tools sets, technologies and implementation environments
• Expertise in the knowledge of programming languages, relational databases, and NoSQL databases
• Experience building infrastructure as code using AWS CloudFormation or similar scripting techniques
• Familiarity with monitoring tool suites like Kibana, NewRelic
• Familiarity with Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
• Ability to work independently
• Strong problem solving and analytic skills
• Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team environment
• Familiarity with Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
• Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins and Bamboo. Experience with automated testing tools (i.e. selenium, Cucumber) are a plus
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
• 5 - 7 years of experience in software systems, programming, and infrastructure development and administration
• Good understanding on the AWS Cloud, Object Oriented Concepts and Java, J2EE Skills
• Understanding of business process modeling, data provisioning modeling, entity relationship modeling, and dimensional modeling.