SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Position located in Norfolk, VA; Atlanta, GA; or near other Anthem office location.
Responsible for end to end application, system development and maintenance on medium or semi complex technology platforms within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications Required Qualifications
- The OpenShift/Cloud/DevOps Engineer will provide on-going maintenance and support of the OCP Namespace instance for dev, test, staging, and production
- Work as member of a team maintaining OpenShift cluster hosting Product Applications and utilities as well as associated Jenkins-based pipelines and select AWS Services
- Interact on a regular basis with Software Developers and Cloud Engineers to deploy, operate and troubleshoot OpenShift instance
- Day-to-day activities include the ongoing maintenance and support of OpenShift clusters supporting dev/test, production instances
- Configure OpenShift resources to support on-going and new development requirements
- Maintain existing and create new DevOps pipelines to support application deployment and configuration (Jenkins/Groovy)
- Participate in technical meetings with Enterprise Teams to assure adherence to best practices and standards.
- Provide support for downstream testing efforts and defect resolution
- Have knowledge of AWS services and a desire to learn how to bring multiple hosting vendors into an ecosystem of applications
- Partners with internal and/or external stakeholder to better understand business requirements.
- Analyzes and classifies semi-complex change request and identifies and documents possible system code enhancements.
- Participates in developing application scope and objectives and preparing functional and/or technical specifications.
- Participates in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Develops a General understanding of how the work fits in to the larger project and identifies problems or issues in requirements.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 1 year experience on one platform; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with OpenShift 3.x/4.x.
- Minimum of 3 years of UNIX (preferably LINUX) system administration.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a cloud-based environment (preferably AWS).
- Experience with DevOps concepts.
- Experience with Jenkins.
- Experience with microservices and containerization (i.e., Docker).
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Proficient with Oracle and SQL.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.