As a DevOps Engineer ,
you will use both software development and system administration skills to support and troubleshoot research, integration, and production environments , automate DevOps processes, and maintain and enhance applications for our federal government clients. Must possess an active Top Secret/SCI clearance and be able to commute to the Dayton, OH area. What You'll Be Doing
Location and Travel Details
- Define innovative solutions using infrastructure-as-code ( IaC ) , deployment orchestration, and automation templates
- Use knowledge of Docker containers and container orchestration frameworks such as Kubernetes or DC/OS to enhance and maintain scalable cloud processing systems
- Advise customers and assist them with cloud transformation and application modernization
- Apply experience with geospatial and/or spatial image collection, processing, and dissemination to solve problems associated with data processing
- Understand ATO and compliance requirements to enable and implement successful governance strategies
- Ability to educate and influence stakeholders and engineering teams on effective cloud solutions and best practices
Dayton, OH Security Clearance and Citizenship Requirements
Must have the ability to obtain a Top Secret /SCI clearance. Profile of Success
- Bachelor's degree in an IT-related field and 5+ years of professional experience
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience developing and/or maintaining enterprise-level applications
- Understanding of containerization, Docker, and deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure
About AIS AIS, Dedicated to Our People
- Experience with Terraform and one or more of Python, Node.js, Go, or Java
- Demonstrated experience implementing a DevOps strategy in an agile/scrum environment
- Passionate about emerging technology and the desire to further your cloud career
- Possess current industry-recognized certifications , such as CompTIA Security+ or CISSP
AIS employees can spend their entire career at AIS doing challenging, rewarding work and reach their desired level of achievement and responsibility. We offer the opportunity to move up, without the obligation to move out of a position where one excels. We are committed to our employee's success; however, they define it.
It's our dedication to our employees that inspired our leadership to invest in our future and become partially employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP).
Our employees are our greatest strength, and we do all that we can to serve them. We invest in technology as early adopters, allowing us to create transformative and innovative solutions for our customers while exposing our team to cutting edge technology.
We hire outstanding individuals who are committed to curiosity, passionate about emerging technology, and who are excited to find innovative solutions for the biggest tech challenges facing international brands and government agencies today.
We Invest in Individuals Committed to Innovation
AIS is seeking professionals of a certain character and level of excellence. People that we can learn from and that we can help grow to achieve their personal career goals. We are looking for:
Our Core Values
- Smart people with a passion for technology
- Strong technical capabilities with a consultancy mindset
- Close involvement with local technical communities
- A willingness to think outside of the box to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Ability to solve challenging technical business problems
- Self-directed professionals
- Client Success
- C ontinued Learning and Technical Excellence
- Strong Client Relationships
- Citizenship and Community
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications merit, and business need.