Arrow Electronics, Inc. - a Fortune 150 company with global headquarters in Denver - helps the world-s best technology companies think -Five Years Out,- working together to continually innovate the -next big thing-. We are a global provider of technology products, services and solutions, with 2016 sales of $23.83 billion.
As a member of the R&D product team, our newest DevOps team member will be passionate about designing, implementing, and maintaining our continuous integration/continuous deployment frameworks and tools. The ideal candidate is someone with a strong sense of good design principles, forward thinking, and an analytical mind for approaching and solving problems logically and thoroughly. We are looking for someone who is excited about being a member of our team, and contributing to the team's collective growth and success. We want someone who will question and prod to find the best solution to a problem, and carry that solution through to production.
Our team is highly energetic, collaborative, and passionate about our work. We pride ourselves on adherence to Agile programming methodologies, resulting in well-functioning processes that consistently deliver on-time, on-target releases while minimizing unnecessary meetings and busywork. We mix up responsibilities, never allowing our team members to become siloed, and are always exploring the latest technologies. We're looking for a team member who wants to work hard, find innovative solutions, learn more about the leading edge of web technology, and see results in real-world applications.
This is a unique opportunity to help lead the deployment of a relatively new CI/CD environment from scratch.
* Lead the team forward with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments
* Design and deploy new CI/CD environments with the latest tools
* Continuously improve our release process
* Help the team with triage of application issues
* Assist with technical design for solutions to business requirements
* Develop server APIs to support client applications
* Perform performance testing and tuning
* Document designs and implementation
* SoA/Microservices architectural support
* Performance monitoring and troubleshooting, potentially utilizing AppDynamics, New Relic, mPulse
* 3 - 5+ years web application engineering
* 3 - 5+ years high-performance web site support, ideally with a variety of technologies (e.g., NGINX, HAProxy, IIS)
* 3 - 5+ years experience supporting a highly available MEAN, .NET or other web platform
* 1 - 2+ years experience with TeamCity and Octopus Deploy or other CI/CD tools (i.e. Jenkins)
* Linux and Windows admin skills
* Experience with Jenkins pipelines or similar
* Experience with Maven, Ant, Salt and Gradle
* Experience with containers like Docker or rkt
* Highly proficient with git (not afraid to cherry-pick or squash)
* Experience with the Agile development methodology
* Experience with automated deployment tools such as ansible, salt, puppet or similar.
* Experience working in an AWS or Azure environment - Previous experience working PowerShell, Kubernetes, and Containers
* Experience with writing basic SQL statements
Experience / Education
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 6 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.