Who We Seek:
What You Will Do:
- Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
- Self-Starters. You're a go-getter who isn't afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
- Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
- Collaborators. You're a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
Attain is actively seeking a talented and experienced hands-on DevOps System Engineer to join the team and collaborate on a critical part of our platform. The DevOps System Engineer be responsible for the design and support of the product platform to enable the success of our engineering and customer teams. You must possess the ability to design, implement, and manage a DevOps and software control environment to enable highly efficient and productive software development processes and workflows through automation and complex problem solving. You will ultimately be a significant member of a growing DevOps team.
- Communicate and explain complex systems architectures, designs and implementation strategies to the customer
- Quickly prototype to validate architecture, design concepts and provide example implementation
- Knowledge of provisioning for non-centralized virtual machines (VM) in the OpenStack environment to support automation
- Through DevOps implementation continue to manage and monitor deployed applications
- Install, configure, test and maintain software and system management tools
- Work closely with development teams on the transformation to DevOps to support the automation of configuration changes, upgrades, and enhancements
- Minimum of 4 years of DevOps experience in a complex development environment
- Familiarity with DevOps continuous integration/continuous deployment frameworks and best practices
- Experience managing and automating deployments for complex applications deployed to AWS or Azure cloud environments
- Ability to design, implement, and manage complex applications deployed using Kubernetes
- Minimum of 4 years of Linux system administration skills
- Experience with a number of widely-available development and administrative tools, languages, databases, and frameworks such as JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic, PingFederate, Chef, Puppet, Apache, Ansible, Jenkins, Nginx, Ruby, Python, Git, SVN, etc. a plus
- In-depth understanding of software development processes and workflows
- Ability to define, design, and implement an automated continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) system
- Working knowledge of containerization platforms and orchestration tooling environments (Docker/rkt, kubernetes/openshift/rancher/EKS)
- Experience managing infrastructure/software development projects using a project management methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related degree from an accredited institution or applicable work experience
Years of Experience:
- DevOps certification is a plus
- Implementation of monitoring and logging tools such as App Dynamics a plus
4 + Certifications:
AWS Certification; DevOps Certification Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor's Degree About Us:
Attain is a place for great ideas and the people who have them. As a digital solutions, management, and strategy consulting firm, our professionals provide innovative solutions to revolutionize government, education, health, and nonprofit organizations and positively impact those they serve. We are business analysts, technologists, digital strategists, managers of change, and forward thinkers, with the entrepreneurial drive to shape the future. With a nationwide presence, our team is in 40 states and the District of Columbia. Visit www.attain.com/careers
to explore your path forward with Attain. Attain is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. For more Information visit EEO
, EEO Poster Supplement
, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
, and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)