Charles Schwab is an industry leading innovator in financial services technology. We help transform our client's lives all while we invest in our associates. Our success is directly related to the ideas, innovation, passion and skill of our associates.
· Committed. Our commitment to building an engaging and interesting culture where our developers can continually learn and grow is one of our highest priorities.
· Approachable. Ideas come from every associate at every level. We take the time to really listen to developer's ideas no matter what your title or position is.
· Casual. Business casual dress code. Open and collaborative work spaces. Fun social and community related activities and events. Work-life balance.
· Technologically Advanced. Mobile. Modern Web. Flexible APIs. Streaming Solutions. Social Media. Agile. Fast.
· Results Oriented. Quarterly bonuses. Career Advancement. Continuous Software Delivery.
Placing orders is at the center of what we do. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be designing and developing solutions that enhance the Charles Schwab Order Management System. You will be responsible for ensuring the system capabilities and quality around order placement & retrieval, balance calculations, positions as well as multiple lower-level system activities.
A successful candidate will have an interest in developing deployment solutions for a complex, robust system, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for understanding both engineering, coding & deployment strategies for Charles SchwabWhat you are good at
What you have
- Experience designing and working with modern
- Continues integration and deployment solutions.
- Works independently or collectively on design tasks
- Performs system support and deployment design for specification development
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions
- May lead discussions with the development teams to solution complex problems
- Will work in conjunction with other developers Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, and validate security features and code review
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience
- 5+ years supporting hosted services & components in a high-volume enterprise environment.
- 3+ years experience in complex Unix/Linux systems environments.
- 3+ years hands-on expertise in DevOps or CI/CD tools, like Jenkins, Gradle, Git, Artifactory, Nexus, etc.
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet and Salt.
- Proven experience in software build and delivery in Java, NodeJS, Angular and other software technologies.
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kafka, MongoDB and Oracle is highly desirable
- Experience with log aggregation and monitoring and using tools such as Splunk, Grafana and Influx.
- Passion for driving automation into how software development and delivery is done.
- Background building distributed, server-based infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment.
- 3+ years experience of Java
- 2+ years experience with Waterfall, Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies required
- Experience with Oracle DBA, SQL helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full knowledge of common software design patterns
- Financial services experience nice to have
- Drive to take initiative and own issues
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn essential
Why work for us?
- Experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
- Experience using Git, Gitflow, Bitbucket and Jira preferred
- Experience with TDD, BDD, JUnit and other testing libraries preferred
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.