Codeworks is an IT Services firm in SE Wisconsin. Known for our strong commitment to quality and for our direct client relationships. We are working with a direct client looking for a DevOps Engineer. This is initially a 12-month contract with onsite work required in Milwaukee, WI. Local candidates and those authorized to work on a W2 are encouraged to apply.
- Work within a team to plan, deploy and maintain critical business applications in AWS environments
- Design and implement appropriate environments for those applications, engineer suitable release management procedures and provide production support
- Work with DevOps leaders in other groups to define SOPs, processes, best practices and adoption of cloud technologies
- Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Packer and Terraform
- Create application deployment pipelines with GitLab CI, Jenkins and Helm
- Design and implement strategy to ensure all platform data is highly available and replicated
- Participate in the Agile DevOps design, development, testing, release of new features and post-production support
- Drive improvements to processes, design enhancements and implement automations to continuously improve the production environment
- Troubleshoot problems with a focus on minimizing impact for customers
- Work with Risk Management and Compliance teams to ensure target services are hardened and secure
- Collaborate with IT and business partners to identify and remediate reoccurring issues
- Bachelor s Degree with at least 3-5 years of DevOps/Cloud Engineering Experience
- Working experience in automating Build and Deploy process
- Working experience with DevOps tools like Gitlab, Jenkins or TeamCity etc.
- Have good hold on some scripting language Python, Powershell etc.
- Working knowledge with VCS tools (Git, TFS etc.)
- Knowledge around Infrastructure/Cloud implementations
- Good understanding of project workflows and processes
- Good understanding of working in an Agile mindset
- Self-motivator and contributor
- Certified AWS Architect
- Knowledge on test automation
Candidates local to Milwaukee, WI will be given priority. If you feel you meet the qualifications listed above, please apply here Apply Here and for more information please contact
Codeworks is headquartered in the Milwaukee, WI Area with another office in Madison, WI We have over 20 years of experience serving Fortune 1000 companies in Wisconsin as well as our client s national locations. Our recruiting team works closely with candidates to evaluate, advise and provide opportunities for professional growth. We also work closely with hiring managers to find the best skills match and culture fit within their teams.