At Comcast, we are focused on improving the content discovery experience for our video products by building platforms that help customers not only to find quickly the TV shows and movies they love, but also to discover new content using our world class voice remote.
As an operations engineer, you will work to improve the performance and reliability of the distributed systems that power our content discovery experience. You will collaborate with developers in small, autonomous teams to build, automate and operate distributed systems that are used by millions of people.
- Partner with engineers to improve the performance and observability of our software.
- Develop tools to improve the automation of operations that make deployment and troubleshooting easier. Examples of this are application deployments, capacity planning, configuration management, etc.
- Monitor production systems to ensure high quality performance.
- Assist in troubleshooting complex distributed systems that rely on data to serve millions of requests per day.
- Proactively evaluate our systems and software to find and fix problems.
- Experience with AWS managed services and technologies such as EKS, ECS, S3, Elasticache, etc.
- Comfortable with scripting and writing code in at least one language (like Python or Java).
- Strong ability to script and automate various tasks needed in network operations.
- Experience with Grafana, Prometheus, and Splunk / Elk stack.
- Strong familiarity with load balancing strategies, storage systems, messaging systems and web servers.
- Experience operationally managing JVM software.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux operating system internals, disk/storage technologies, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with system management tools like Capistrano, Ansible, etc.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Department: Technology - Product Development|Technology - Software Engineering|Telecommunications