CompuGain is an Information Technology and Business Consulting firm providing project-based solutions, software solutions and professional staffing services.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Rockville, MD
Position: Long Term
- Strong background in Linux/Unix environments
- Experience with automated build/deploy tools such as Jenkins, Code Pipeline or equivalent
- Solid understanding of web application stacks (J2EE, AngularJS, etc.) and Web servers (Apache httpd, Tomcat, Nginx)
- Understanding for automated deployments and different deployment strategies
- Demonstrated ability to implement a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Basic experience with RDBMS technologies with some experience with NoSQL databases a plus
- Experience with automated configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or equivalent
- Prior developer experience/personal projects are highly desired.
- Good troubleshooting and debugging mindset. Be able to provide immediate workarounds and long-term fix.
- Good written communication skills to document the observations in a post-mortem report.
- Minimum Bachelors in Computer Science or Equivalent
Additional experience that is highly desirable:
- Experience in Containers and Serverless technologies and specific AWS services such as ECS, Lambda
- This position may be expected to support after hours and weekend issues depending on the nature of the application and system being supported.
Thanks & Regards
703 552 8929 | firstname.lastname@example.org