Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more.
For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the US Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service. Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today's contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling. DevOps Engineer
DevOps Engineer is a lead role to drive DevOps practices across the organization with a great understanding of the latest tools, technologies and Devops practices that are adopted in the industry.
A DevOps engineer is to look after every software development process and have an in-depth understanding of DevOps principles and practices. He or She should be able to analyze the maturity level of the teams and come up with initiatives to drive up the DevOps maturity.
He or she defines a systematic solution which fits best across the technical, operational, and management standards. They generate an organized solution by examining the large system environment and selecting an application framework to deal with the difficulties in the given system. This person must be capable of handling all the issues by implementing the strategies which are in line with the DevOps best practices. He or she needs to visualize a complete picture and have a thorough understanding of how a team of developers and operations team integrate and work together. DevOps architects are expected to have more exposure to Agile methodology in contrast to DevOps engineers.Responsibility
Key skills (must have):
- Analyzing, executing, and streamlining DevOps practices
- Automating processes with the right tools
- Facilitating development process and operations
- Establishing a suitable DevOps channel across the organization
- Setting up a continuous build environment to speed up software development and deployment process
- Architecting overall, comprehensive, and efficient practices
- Guiding developers and operation teams in case of an issue
- Monitoring, reviewing, and managing technical operations
- Ability to manage teams with a leadership mindset
- Min 8-10 Years of experience building great software using updated tools
- Leadership mindset
- The inspirational approach to team management
- Strong operational experience
- Extraordinary cross-functional headship skills
- Effective problem-solving expertise
- Configuration management proficiency
- Experience creating DevOps culture
- Can look after infrastructure planning, testing, and development
- Ensure security and rapidity across the organization
- Encourage team for error-less and fast delivery of software products
- Have a clear understanding of DevOps tools, structure, processes, and mindsets
- Anticipate needs, accumulate resources, and plan accordingly
- Inspect issues in automation, version control, and overall security and suggest necessary steps to solve those quickly
- Must possess excellent automation skills and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes.
- Building strong cross-functional leadership skills and working together with the operations and engineering teams to make sure that systems are scalable and secure.
- Excellent knowledge of software development and software testing methodologies along with configuration management practices in Unix and Linux-based environment.
- Possess sound knowledge of cloud-based environments.
- Experience in handling automated deployment CI/CD tools.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of infrastructure automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Hand on experience in working with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Must have strong expertise in operating Linux/Unix environments and scripting languages like Python, Perl, and Shell.
- Ability to review deployment and delivery pipelines i.e., implement initiatives to minimize chances of failure, identify bottlenecks and troubleshoot issues.
- Previous experience in implementing continuous delivery and DevOps solutions.
- Experience in designing and building solutions to move data and process it.
- Must possess expertise in any of the coding languages depending on the nature of the job.
Compensation: $99,360.00/Yr. - $157,665.00/Yr.
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.