Herndon, VAExostar - The Company:
Exostar - The Employer:
- We’re a solid company founded in 2000 and still quickly growing
- We have won multiple industry awards serving fast-growth industries with emergent technology
- We believe in employee development: we promote internally and provide training and educational assistance
- We provide a fun, engaged workplace, with monthly social and community-building events
- We offer comprehensive benefits and PTO plans, including a holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s Day
The DevOps Engineer role is responsible for the technical operation of systems comprising Exostar’s major product lines, within a world-class, fast-paced, highly secure environment supporting the aerospace and defense industry. Charged with supporting multiple SaaS products the DevOps role is responsible for deploying product updates, implementing best practices, and ultimately will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately, and securely.Your day, if you join us: Essential Job Functions
You meet our “must haves” for this role if you have:
- Working closely with both the development and operations group at Exostar and having a strong scripting or programming background
- Promoting application code and configuring Java based applications in development, test and production environments
- Troubleshooting issues in Dev/Test/Production environments and working closely with the development team to bring issues to closure
- Code promotions of builds to Test/UAT/Production environments
- Maintaining Virtual Machines (VMs) running on VMWare ESX
- Participating in engineering reviews of code promotion requests, architecture reviews
- Developing software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Building tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- At least 6 years of relevant technical work experience (sys admin, devops, coding)
- Must be a United States citizen due to ITAR regulations
- Application Services experience is essential for this job. Experience with Tomcat, Wildfly, PingFederate, or any other application server based experience is essential
- Working knowledge of database systems: MS SQL Server, Oracle, Couch, Mongo, or MySQL
- Experience with Kubernetes, SaltStack, Ansible, Consul, Prometheus, Selenium, Python, PHP scripting.
- Linux and Windows administration and scripting skills (ie Powershell)
- Experience with virtualization, micro-services, and cloud technologies
- Must be able to obtain Exostar Trusted Role, and maintain Trusted Role status while employed in this role
Exostar’s cloud-based, innovative solutions promote secure business collaboration within and between organizations in highly-regulated industries, including aerospace and defense and life sciences. Exostar’s identity and access management platform serves as the foundation for its credentialing, risk management, enterprise collaboration, and supply chain collaboration solutions.
The Exostar “collect once, connect once, certify once” methodology and web-based single sign-on access allow organizations and individuals to engage with one another quickly, seamlessly, and productively. The solutions’ security and certifications mitigate risk, protect sensitive data and intellectual property, and meet industry and regulatory compliance directives.
Over 150,000 aerospace, defense, and life sciences organizations in more than 150 countries worldwide belong to the Exostar community.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in Herndon, VA, Exostar’s notable customers include Amgen, AstraZeneca, BAE Systems, Bell Helicopter, Boeing, Computer Sciences Corporation, Fujitsu, Huntington Ingalls Industries, Lockheed Martin, Merck, Northrop Grumman, Pfizer, Raytheon, Rolls-Royce, United Technologies Corporation (UTC), and the UK Ministry of Defence.
Exostar is an Equal Employment Employer. The company provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or genetic information. Exostar is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons in all facets of employment including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, training, benefits, transfers and working conditions.