My name is Vivek Sharma and I'm a Technical Recruiter at First Tek. We are currently sourcing for candidate with the following skill. Kindly forward your resume if interested, do share with your friends and colleagues as well.
Linux (DevOps) Engineer
3-6 Months: Right to Hire
Telephone and In person Interview
US Government Client Postal Clearance Required
Client Information Systems sector is seeking Linux (DevOps) Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Eagan, MN. This is an on-site position with no telecommute possibilities.
The perfect candidate must have a passion for improving process, eliminating waste in workflows and enjoy the technical challenges in a dynamic environment. Provides direction, communication and coordination between the infrastructure support teams and the applications development team(s) in their continuous deployment activities. The Linux (DevOps) Engineer ensures that there are never repetitive tasks and that the infrastructure is kept up to date as the stack evolves. As processes change and the need grows, the Linux (DevOps) Engineer automates as much as possible to accelerate work so the infrastructure teams can deliver products earlier, consistently and more reliably
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration (shell scripts)
- Strong experience with Ansible and/or Ansible Tower
- Experience in working and configuring Red hat OPEN SHIFT Enterprise (OSE) to automate
- Strong experience with additional automation/configuration management tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, or an equivalent)
- Fluency in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Ruby or equivalent)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Integration of Git, in continuous deployment
- Strong experience with DevOps automation tools like Docker, Ansible.
- Experience with DevOps monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk.
- Experience with Jenkins and Add-on Plugins like Jenkins DSL plugin and more.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline preferred and a minimum of 10 years of Systems Administration experience. Additional experience may be substituted for degree.
- Seven years of experience in Systems Administration of Solaris or SuSE Linux systems in a large scale production environment
- Knowledge of the following product support practices and concepts:
- Linux system build design and administration
- Scripting languages (e.g. bash, ksh, perl, python, ruby, etc )
- IT service level agreements
- Performance monitoring, tuning, and debugging (e.g., GTF traces, and region and transaction dumps)
- Process/product testing and verification
- Knowledge of one or more IT platforms or products:
- Red Hat OPEN SHIFT
- Ansible, Ansible Tower
- Build automation into daily processes, including server builds, patching, and configuration analysis.
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
- Knowledge of Oracle CRS
- Solid understanding of RHEL 7
- Proven knowledge with Python or Ruby scripting
- Proven knowledge of Docker or Jenkins
- Red Hat Certifications are a plus.
- Strong in the use of continuous integration and delivery processes and tools
- Local to the Eagan, MN area, no relocation assistance provide
Vivek Sharma| Technical Recruiter| First Tek, Inc.
1551 S Washington Avenue, Suite 402 A, Piscataway, NJ 08854
America s Best Professional Recruiting Firms, Forbes 2018
10 Most Admired Companies, CEO Views 2018
30 Great Places to Work, CIO Bulletin 2018
50 Most Trustworthy Companies, Silicon Review 2018
Inc 500, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, Fast 500, and NJ s Finest Winner