GEICO is seeking a highly motivated DevOps Engineer
to join our team. The successful candidate will demonstrate their ability to think strategically and be innovative while working in an agile and collaborative team-oriented environment. The candidate must be comfortable working with analysts, developers, DevOps, and architects across multiple teams to collaboratively design creative solutions to complex problems. The candidate will support in proactively ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability, stability, scalability, and performance. Must have intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn new skills and technologies along with an excellent work ethic and great communication skills.Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Data Engineering Architecture, Ingestion & Consumption ETL developers, Snowflake Admins & Data Architects, DSI DevOps, DevOps Core and DSI Infrastructure
- Lead efforts to design and implement the end-to-end CICD both non-container and container platforms.
- Setting up build agents with appropriate binaries, configurations, and proxy settings.
- Design & Architect Enterprise Bus Intelligence Platform & integrate w/ Enterprise Big Data Platform.
- Driving development & adoption of Self-Service capabilities & Automation
- Work with customers and other stakeholders to develop correlation visualization, reports and dashboards.
- On-boarding new ETL tools/applications/process to Azure platform
- Developing ADO tasks, variable groups, pipelines that can be used across similar solution types.
- Maintaining repo with appropriate tagging for dbt libraries used by data teams.
- Knowledge of scripting (shell script, python, etc.) to automate the daily routine tasks.
- Monitor ADO pipelines for failures and diagnose/resolve problems.
- Assisting with operationalizing experimental Snowflake queries with dbt
- Creating & maintaining documentation, on-boarding procedures & conduct training sessions on DevOps process
- Work with DevOps core teams to integrate DataOps CI/CD with standard GEICO tooling
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure data relationships are correctly identified and the appropriate owners are identified
- Working knowledge on AKS or Kubernetes, should be able to maintain and troubleshoot the issues in kubernetes.
- Experience in design, install and configure Hadoop cluster and other components in Hadoop ecosystem.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in solutions engineering and design experience
- 3+ years of experience deploying and configuring software configuration management, build, deployment process, CI/CD, and other application life cycle management (ALM) tools on Microsoft Azure/Windows & Linux-based systems.
- Experience in DevOps, Azure, ADO, CM, Linux, UNIX and/or Windows with a strong bias towards automated deployment and operations
- Knowledge of AKS and other container services.
- Experience setting up automation related to:
- Job Schedules (Azure Databricks Jobs/Azure Data Factory)
- Databricks Notebook
- Snowflake (External Stage, Tables and Views, Tasks and Streams)
- DBT & dbtCloud
- Experience with designing, building, implementing, and supporting monitoring tool solutions, telemetry, alerts & monitoring - AppInsights, Dynatrace, Splunk, MEM, Azure Monitor
- Experience in Debugging & Troubleshooting build and deployment issues
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication capabilities, ability to influence and successfully interface with leadership
- Knowledge of monitoring & management tools, performance modeling tools, capacity analysis tools, and other advanced modeling and trending tools
- Ability to manage multiple demands with a sense of urgency and lead change successfully
- Work with development and different teams to improve performance & configuration.
- Implement monitoring & alerting for critical components of platform.
- Migrate code from dev to production.
- Apply hot fixes, maintenance packages, & perform upgrades.
- Knowledge on design, install and configure Hadoop cluster and other components in Hadoop ecosystem.
- Knowledge on Azure ecosystem like Azure data lake, Azure Dataflow, etc.
- Should be able to establish end to end continuous integration and continuous deployment and guide the team on best practices and help them release product/application fast.
- Provide 24x7 support as required for releases & maintenance.
- Knowledge on Azure Data Ecosystem (Azure Data lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Storage)
- Knowledge on Azure Kubernetes Services
- Knowledge on Snowflake platform
- Knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem & Kafka
- Knowledge of Power BI, MicroStrategy & Reporting best practices
- Exposure to Big Data tools & technologies
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
• Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.