Our fast growing FinTech client in Midtown Manhattan is in need of a DevOps Engineer with significant experience with AWS. Their proprietary technology and platform is the core of their business and as such, technology is highly valued and respected within the organization.
This role is critical to the organization in keeping the development and production environments running consistently and securely. This is a highly visible role that will interact with all aspects of the core business.
In this position you will be handling a multitude of tasks including:
- On-boarding external clients and IAM permissioning
- Automating manual tasks so improve operations efficiency
- Enhancing automation using configuration management technologies (Ansible & Salt) and infrastructure provisioning with Terraform
- Enhancing metrics-gathering and monitoring environment
- Writing/updating self-service tools that are used internally by the development team
In order to be qualified for consideration, the following should describe you for the most part:
- Over six years of DevOps, TechOps or Network Operations experience including heavy AWS exposure
- High quality skills coding with Python and/or Ruby is critical
- The ability to communicate with all levels of business relying on strong written and spoken communication skills
- A high level of proficiency in running AWS infrastructure, while being able to demonstrate clear understanding of security principles
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking principles and design
- Linux OS-level and command-line/scripting knowledge and configuration management principles
In addition to a competitive salary, this role is bonus-able and stock options are included.