Job Title: DevOps Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Vice President of Information Technology
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer that will help our team establish DevOps practice. You will work closely with the VP of Information Technology to identify and establish DevOps practices in the company.
You will help us build scalable cloud infrastructure to support our various technology initiatives. You ll implement monitoring for automated system health checks. Lastly, you ll build our CI/CD pipeline, and train and guide the team in DevOps practices. You will be responsible for managing and maintaining SaaS integrations. 2. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Duties and Responsibilities
Required Education and Experience
- Build and maintain highly available production systems.
- Design and configure continuous integration systems
- Build out test and production environments via infrastructure as code automation
- Create and enhance application and infrastructure monitoring
- Develop cost optimization strategies
- Assist in the architecture, design, implementation, and lead AWS/GCP public cloud build (connectivity, network, security, containerization, monitoring)
- Automate infrastructure provisioning to standup servers, install software and applications
- Manage storage, compute efficiency, and optimization activities, including evaluating the configuration of compute size, storage solutions, and other services (network services, automation, and load balancing)
- Assist with Integrations with SaaS systems.
- Assist during all BCP/DR (Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery) activities (test or otherwise)
- Ensure that proper operational plans and documentation are delivered with each initiative rolled into production.
- Collaborate with the Information Security Manager to ensure the company Network and Infrastructure systems conform to company Security policies and procedures.
- Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs. Ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with the agility required to address changing business priorities.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems or a related field.
- Background in DevOps, Software Development, Site Reliability, or Systems Engineering
- Public Cloud Infrastructure Expertise (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Full-stack knowledge of IT infrastructure, from applications & databases to hypervisors and networking.
- Linux System Administration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Regularly required to use a keyboard and computer.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle documents, and reach with hands and arms.
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days vary Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required, as needed. Travel
Occasional travel will be required for this position. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.