Title: DevOps Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA
An exciting young company out of Cambridge, MA is looking for a DevOps engineer. This new company offers an insurance comparison software to help people figure out which policy is right for them. This job will offer you the opportunity to join a fast growing start up, manage their entire cloud platform, as well as make improvements throughout their environment.
Our client has been recognized as a Top 100 InsurTech company in the world. The company was founded by MIT alumni and has raised about $130M in funding. This role will give you the freedom to improve, develop and implement entire systems for the company.
Required Skills & Experience
- Two years of experience in a DevOps and/or software development capacity.
- Unix expertise, with an adept command of the CLI.
- Scripting expertise, including extensive Python experience.
- AWS mastery, with an in-depth understanding of all AWS instance types, services, and tools.
- Experience implementing CI/CD (preferably with Jenkins).
- Experience with container infrastructures, e.g. Docker.
- In-depth understanding of web operations best practices.
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% AWS
- 20% Python
- 20% Terraform
- 20% Ansible
- Manage our entire AWS infrastructure, including web, db, redis, redshift, CDN, ELK, and other AWS services.
- Research and develop improvements to availability, scalability, and performance of our environment.
- Define and implement improvements to the hardening of our entire stack.
- Develop automation for infrastructure as code and configuration management via Terraform, Ansible, and Python.
- Competitive compensation
- Generous stock options
- Health, Dental Coverages
- 401K plan with match
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous company holiday calendar
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Paid Family Leave
- Social impact volunteer time and donation matches
- Catered lunches in the office
- Free snacks and beverages every day in office
- Free swag
- Curated birthday treat
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.