Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Client is currently looking for a Sr. Programmer Analyst/DevOps Engineer who will be proactively working with web development, global information security, infrastructure, systems teams and implementing and operating guest facing website infrastructure.
- Automate application build, deployment and monitoring
- Design, build and maintain a resilient, secure and efficient web application platform
- Monitor website stability and performance, and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Collaborate with web developers bringing operational and security standard awareness
- Maintain development operational practices and procedures
- Proactively meet standards for information security and compliance
- Develop and manage the build environment, code repositories and perform releases management
- Conduct DevOps tool research, evaluation, proof of concept, installation, configuration and training
- Perform Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and Dev Ops processes with technologies and platforms including Java, Jenkins, Bitbucket, Gradle, Akamai, and AWS.
- Setting up infrastructure using AWS cloud, architecting highly available, scalable and fault tolerant architectural solutions to migrate successfully from current infrastructure (on premise / Virtual / Cloud) to AWS cloud.
- Raising support calls with vendors and involved in Root cause analysis for server and application problems.
- Containerization of Micro services using Docker Containers and Orchestration and Scheduling of the Docker Containers using AWS ECS and Kubernetes.
- Setting up Application performance monitoring and management using AppDynamics.
- Configuration and monitoring of Logs using Splunk.
- Perform research, propose and prototype new principles, technologies, tools and concepts and integrated them into the teams collective knowledge.
- Participate in 24/7 on call rotation for production support
Bachelor s degree in IT Engineering/Software or equivalent work experience
5+ years of experience in DevOps technologies
Must have work experience with containerization technology, preferably Docker
Must have experience in Java application development and related J2EE technology stack
Experience in 24x7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment
Must have work experience with Jenkins release automation, system administration and system
Experience using scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python, etc), configuration management
tools (Chef, Puppet, etc) and command execution frameworks
Must have experience in application monitoring tool, preferably AppDynamics
Experience in Git version control tool
Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques
Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills - ability to set and enforce process and influence other
Ability to operate in an agile environment
Must be willing to learn new DevOps technologies and keep up with the latest and greatest
Experience with cloud infrastructure environments, preferably AWS will be a plus