DevOps Engineer Alexandria, VA
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for IT Infrastructure and IT Services. This is a Full-Time position and work location will be at the USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, VA.
- Support for administration, troubleshooting, configuration, installation, deployment, maintenance, upgrades on On-premises and Cloud Infrastructure.
- Provide day-to-day operational support including responding to incidents, troubleshooting, and executing corrective action.
- Interact with development teams to ensure runbook documentation, smoke test documentation, deployment plan is up to date
- Support deployments, rollbacks, application verification, Smoke Tests, and production tasks
- Coordinate with a different team and support groups to resolve issues with the Software, applications, Operating System (Linux/Windows) and Cloud Services.
- Review artifacts for related projects within CICM Application repository.
- Support testing, evaluation, installation and configuration of new application releases and will use Operational Support Plans, Secure Configuration documents, Best Practice white papers and other tools to determine if there are potential issues before deployments (DevOps Support)
- Support production maintenance activities that include the development of automated scripts and scheduled tasks, Server (Apache, PHP, My SQL, Tomcat..) maintenance, application/system monitoring, software/security updates and patching, archiving/disposition of system logs and/or data records.
- Maintain various DevOps related tools and scripts on various environments (dev, test, pre-prod, prod) on on-premises & cloud infrastructure (AWS).
Should ideally come from Java Development/deployment background
- 5 years of hands-on Linux/Unix scripting and administration or experience with managing middleware application technologies is required
- 2 years of experience in any one of these technologies: Puppet, Chef, Ruby, Python or Shell scripting
- 3 Years Prior experience with DevOps and automation of deploying application in the cloud is required
- Experience in defining, configuring and building continuous deployment with strong experience in Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Ant, Maven, Shell Scripting, JAVA/J2EE and WebLogic/TomCat/Jboss.
- Provide technical guidance for defining, developing, build and deployment solutions.
- Support routine internal and external audits and address risks.
- Support Application code deployments on various environments.
- Willing support OnCalls.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
You do not need a current/active clearance to apply, but must be able to pass and hold a government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation. You must either be a US Citizenship or Green Card Holder to be eligible.
IIa is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment and random substance abuse testing.