Kforce has a client seeking a DevOps Engineer in Lakewood, Colorado (CO).
As a DevOps Engineer and member of the Platform Automation team, you will help create infrastructure that allows one of Denver's fastest growing companies to streamline its development and deployment strategies. You will be responsible for helping to scale out our infrastructure by writing automation recipes which will help monitor systems, execute backups and automate day to day tasks.
If you've ever wanted to get into DevOps, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and work in a fast-paced, fun environment. We have an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment and release frequently. Your goal is to work together with experts from product development, operations and software testing to deliver software quickly and reliably to customers, both internal and external.
As a DevOps Engineer, You'll Be Responsible For:
* Software release on a (currently) Bi-weekly basis
* Work to create continuous delivery pipeline to automatically push code through the environments
* Deploy, debug and optimize dev, test and production VM's consisting of Linux, Apache, Tomcat
* Work with the team to own and maintain the production infrastructure - patches, backups, upgrades, AMI's, and security
* Work to create tools to allow development teams to self-serve their platform needs
* Daily interaction with developers and participation in the development process
* Continuously iterate and improve our systems
* Create documentation for supported systems and services
* Participate in on-call, and share in off-hours maintenance work
* Software release experience (2 years)
* Strong history of professional growth, collaboration and excellent communication skills
* Knowledge of at least one virtual hosting environment (AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure/etc.)
* Familiarity with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
* Familiarity with containerization tools, such as Docker and deployment with Elasticsearch
* Knowledge of at least one automation tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, terraform, etc.)
* Working in version control, especially with Git and GitLab
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* You enjoy a fast-paced, demanding DevOps environment that requires collaboration
* Ability to work among multiple teams and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.