CDIT seeks a DevOps Engineer.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline and five (5) years of relevant experience. An additional eight (8) years of related experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Skill in developing and improving CI/CD scripts and services for development and deployment
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation and infrastructure as code
- Experience designing, developing, deploying and testing in AWS architecture
- Experience with systems reliability, load balancing and monitoring
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members and upper management
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Ability to travel up to 5% to customer sites as needed
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline
- Experience with Human Centered Design (HCD) principles and Design Thinking
- Experience with the following CI/CD tools: Jenkins, CircleCI, DataDog, New Relic, PagerDuty, Slack, TwistLock, Codacy, etc
The DevOps Engineer will be a key leader in working with VA shape processes and tools that enable cross-functional collaboration and drive CI/CD transformation at VA. The DevOps Engineer, Sr will work closely with product owners, developers, and external development teams to build and configure a high performing, scalable, cloud-based platform that can be leveraged by other VA product teams.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create scripts or templates to automate bootstrap infrastructure provisioning and management tasks
- Improve infrastructure automation, cloud-based development initiatives, and container orchestration
- Coordinate development and operations tasks across other members of the DevSecOps team
- Implement application performance monitoring solutions and infrastructure monitoring solutions
- Execute best practice version control, branching and merging strategies, and continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipeline design
- Collaborate on API security, Container security, and AWS/Azure Cloud security
- Assist in developing an automated framework for Tool deployment and development, leveraging various scripting languages and open source solutions
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment and lead team activities to resolve issues and implement ad hoc solutions
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior developers and other VA product teams
- Keep a pulse on emerging DevOps trends and innovative tools that will accelerate development teams toward automation
CDIT provides large-scale Information Technology and Management Services with a heavy focus on Software Development. Our ability to deliver quality products is recognized throughout the technology industry, as is our ability to successfully manage projects - both large and small.
We understand that maintaining close and frequent communication with our customers allows us to fully understand their needs and priorities and ensures we deliver the needed product. We believe transparency in our operations is key to a strong relationship with our Customers and Partners. By focusing on our Customers' needs, CDIT is able to deliver on its mission to Provide Customer-Driven solutions with Integrity and Transparency.