Duties & Responsibilities
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
MSC is currently searching for a DevOps Engineer to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, Maryland.
* Help develop and continuously improve a modern DevOps pipeline for building, testing, deploying and monitoring thousands of NCBI's apps and services.
* Expert in at least one programming language, such as Golang, Python, Java, Kotlin, Scala, C, C++
* Solid Linux skills
* Solid understanding of networking, proxies
* Solid understanding of distributed systems and micro-services
* Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
* Terraform, Vault, packer, Vagrant
* telegraf, kapacitor, Grafana, InfluxDB or equivalent
* ELK, Splunk
* Service Mesh (istio/envoy, conduit, linkerd)
* Any other DevOps technologies, any prior DevOps experience
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Department: Information Technology