Large enterprise entertainment and media corporation in West Los Angeles is seeking Dev Ops Engineer for Consumer Product and Engineering.
As part of the Technical Operations group, our DevOps Engineer will have the unique opportunity to help drive innovation and technical excellence into all aspects of our various Cloud-based services and platforms. The technology stack you will be working on is entirely hosted at AWS and is highly resilient and scalable. You will be responsible for conceptualizing and delivering solutions in the space of end-to-end system architecture, automated builds, deployment, monitoring, and cloud infrastructure. We're also looking for someone who can work in a fast-paced environment and help drive solutions.
We are passionate about complete end-to-end automation and working towards models that allow for resilient, self-healing services, and infrastructure. We fully embrace DevOps principles and service ownership models and leverage modern approaches and frameworks to make projects highly collaborative and rewarding.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish requirements and quickly move to build prototypes and ultimately a final product
- Continue to build and refine our modern DevOps toolchain and infrastructure platform utilizing open source and best in breed commercial technologies
- Deliver high quality, scalable, and resilient solutions that are documented and well-tested
- Build internal tools to automate operational processes for capacity increases, improved CI/CD automation, cost and performance optimizations
- Evolve, design, and build automated systems that optimize development pipelines to increase the speed of software delivery
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to further automate platform builds and processes
- Build strong technical rapport with other engineering teams, while utilizing subject matter expertise to lead projects in an Agile environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years DevOps experience in a tech-forward environment, having demonstrated progressively innovative contributions in system architecture
- Extensive experience with highly scaled out, consumer-focused services and platforms, primarily focused on core infrastructure and software delivery
- Experience building deployment automation within AWS-hosted services and infrastructure
- Understanding of infrastructure as code paradigm, specifically provisioning AWS infrastructure utilizing Terraform and/or Cloud Formation
- Expert knowledge of automation and best-practices related to CI/CD pipelines and associated tools such as Jenkins, Chef, etc.
- Practical knowledge of microservice architecture and tools such as Consul for service discovery and Linkerd for a service mesh
- A solid understanding of containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, or ECS
- Deep understanding of operational concepts and tooling, including monitoring platforms such as Grafana or Nagios, log aggregation solutions, such as Splunk, SumoLogic, and distributed tracing tools, such as Jaeger, as well as supporting tools for gathering of telemetry data: InfiuxDB, Telegraph, Prometheus