Are you curious and enjoy the craft of code? Then, this is an opportunity for you to join a growing organization as a DevOps Engineer. The DevOps Engineer will work across cross-functional teams to ensure our infrastructure as code aligns with our business priorities. You will support DevOps infrastructure projects and processes. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential. This role will be responsible for infrastructure development, configuration management, and deployment of SDLC pipelines for applications and systems. As a DevOps Engineer, you will also be responsible for maintaining security and performance measures.
What You Will Do:
- Provide DevOps system support at a proficient level
- Support DevOps CI/CD processes and solutions
- Assist in tool and architecture evaluations
- Support architecture design and presentation efforts by the team
- Assist Sr. and Principal DevOps Engineers in designing enterprise-wide architectures
- Provide feedback to programmers and analysts as required to affect changes to systems/cloud relationships
- Provide 24/7 on-call (on a rotation) operational level support for all aspects of the infrastructure.
- Responsible for assisting in the design, implementation, and maintenance of all aspects of the server systems infrastructure as code:
- Building code repository automation and deployment pipelines
- Virtual and physical server administration including daily maintenance, P2V, building VMs, patching, etc.
- Support Cloud operations (AWS)
- Linux system administration and support
- Participate in application releases into staging and production environments
- Storage administration including iSCSI, CIFs, NFS, etc.
- Load Balancers (LTM & GTM)
- CDN, DNS, MX Records, SSL Certificate Registration, Encryption Key management
- Run our infrastructure as code (IaC) with SaltStack, Terraform, and Rancher/Kubernetes
What You Will Bring:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in DevOps
- BS/BA in Information Technology, computer science, engineering, or relevant field preferred.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Experience working with Infrastructure as Code with Ansible/SaltStack and Terraform
- Know how to build software pipelines (CI/CD)
- Proficient time management skills, able to work on some projects concurrently
- Communication skills: Ability to effectively communicate with team members and leaders
- Conceptual skills: perform in-depth systems analysis and recognize problems, opportunities, or underlying patterns and relationships. Can analyze requirements and translate them into priorities and action plans.
- Team player: Ability and willingness to motivate and mentor other consultants, act as a change agent
- Independence and ownership: Work with a minimum of direct supervision or guidance from others
- Willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences